Sit/stay In Groups

Ok. It hasn't happened yet :rofl: , but if he does slump down before I can return to him, do I just pull him (gently) back into a sit, or use hand/voice command "sit" (although I'm worried that's like a second command) and leave him again, or do I return to him and ignore the drop and start again :rofl: In other words, what I'm trying to say is, what do I do if he does go down? I understand what you're saying about no rewards or good feedback, but exactly how do I handle this. I'm sorry to be such a pain, but your style of training is what I'm looking for so I appreciate any advice you can give :laugh:

As to the form of "correction" you need to give your dog .... that's something I can't and won't answer over the net, given that I don't know your dog. It's a matter of judgement. There's only so much "training" you can do via a computer. Can never beat an actual lesson.

ETA: I wouldn't use a hand signal to raise him from drop back to sit after a break from the command, as that would then warrant a further reward. If he learns this is how he gets you to reward him, he'll keep 'offering' the drop part way through the sit/stay, merely to get his reward sooner.

Edited by Erny