What Do You Feed Your Dog And Why?

squirt80

I feed Lana dry food in the morning (thinking this has important stuff she wont get from meat alone...) and then meat at night (usually chicken necks, wings or diff cuts of red meat some nights... and she also gets eggs or whatever else I feel like throwing together instead of meat on the odd night to give a bit of variety... lol...

I am a big fan of RAW but I am concerned with feeding bones to dogs with a short snout as they lack the capability to chew raw bones as efficiently as dogs with a muzzle, I won't generalise as I don't doubt that there would be a fair few pugs out there that can manage a chicken wing or neck quite successfully but nevertheless I would be watching such breeds very, very carefully. You can still feed RAW without the wings or necks, chicken pet mince purchased from a chicken place where they sell chicken pieces to the public is good as it has grounded bone that is so fine that it wouldn't cause a problem for your bulldog, you could add cooked rice and vegs to this; a couple of boiled eggs a week, a fish oil (not cod liver oil...can be toxic) capsule 3x weekly and Bob's your uncle, lol. Kelp is also rich in mineral and vitamins.

The only dry food that I recommend is either California Natural or Innova, they use human grade ingredients and although these products are rather expensive, being an ultra premium food you would need to feed considerably less than other foods. For those that have only the one or two dogs I wouldn't be looking past these brands.

Edited by Zorro_007