Puppy Mischief

LilyW

The trouble with my husky is that he is always challenging you. He was VERY easy to teach commands to and things like learning that he was not allowed to come inside when the door was open - he had to be invited. He has been really naughty since we got our latest pup, yesterday I told him to sit (I didn't have any treats but wanted to put his lead on) and he ignored me! He KNOWS what "sit" means. He was just challenging me. However, I have no doubt that he knows I am his boss. He just likes to make it difficult - he wants to know what he can get away with. Luckily, I have lots of patience :)

This is what I meant - both my huskies are trained to sit, drop, recall, not jump blah blah blah BUT they generally need some convincing to do it. Our remaining boy often has a bit of a moan and groan about what you are asking...gives you a few reasons why he probably won't be doing what you asked and then finally does it. The other thing my huskies have done is been very specific about what rules apply and when....eg we moved house - they KNEW they weren't allowed on the furniture inside and it was the same furniture - but apparently a different house meant the rule didn't apply anymore :love:

Edited by Kodiak

Our boy has been pretty good.....but here are a few small indiscretions.

Has slowly been chewing away the cover off the BBQ

destroyed a couple of pot plants, but hey not all of hem.

Has a strong urge to rid our back yard of the evil green garden hose.

Gets up on the outside glass table after weh have eaten and gone inside to check we didnt leave anything edible on there.

His main aim at the moment is to wipe out the xmas beatle population, the other night i went outside and there were at least 20 beatles on the ground in different states of desmemberment, some half ones, some without legs, many either dead or stunned just laying on the pavers. Billy was slowly munching his way through them. eeewww.

His main aim at the moment is to wipe out the xmas beatle population, the other night i went outside and there were at least 20 beatles on the ground in different states of desmemberment, some half ones, some without legs, many either dead or stunned just laying on the pavers. Billy was slowly munching his way through them. eeewww.

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day!

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day!

I tell you he is obsessed, he is an outside/inside dog and he comes in everynight for a few hours and will generally hang around the back door dropping hints to come in, but, when i take him out for the toilet i cant get him to come back in when the beatles are about he just cant drag himself away. :walkdog:

Woke up at 4 this morning and grumbled for an hr before I felt the neighbours had had enough and let her in.

She is currently destroying a pair of (old) cricket gloves instead of chewing on the nermous toys that have been bought for her. She seems to like my stuff a lot better. At least they are not the $70 ones.

Again chewing on my thongs.

Ripped up mum and dad's dogs bedding and started putting white cotton across the veranda.

Ripped the newly replaced fly screen on the veranda (other dog had started to rip it...... she finished it off).

Continually chew on my hands no matter how many times I stop and correct her (and her jaw is getting stronger which is not all that pleasant).