Change In Eye Rim (pigment) Colour

Mel_c

We have noticed that our 10 week old puppy's (golden retriever) eye rim has changed colour. His right eye, which used to be completely black around the rim, has now got a pink patch (about half of the bottom rim). There is no evidence of a cut or any injury to the eye, so i was wondering what could cause this change in the pigment. Could he have scratched his eye and removed the pigment? Will it go back to black again? :thumbsup:

Hi Mel,

He's probably scratched it on something. Don't worry, it will go back to black within a few months. When you go and get his 12 week vaccination done, just get them to check it out as well, just in case. Of course if you think there's a problem or it's weeping or looking infected best to go sooner.

Cheers,

jenny (aka goldengal on the retriever forum!)

PS. We need new photo's!!

Hi Mel,

He's probably scratched it on something. Don't worry, it will go back to black within a few months. When you go and get his 12 week vaccination done, just get them to check it out as well, just in case. Of course if you think there's a problem or it's weeping or looking infected best to go sooner.

Cheers,

jenny (aka goldengal on the retriever forum!)

PS. We need new photo's!!

Hi Jen

That's a relief! :hug: i thought that he'd just scratched it, but i wasnt sure if the rim would go black again. i was worried our little guy would have the pink bit all his life! i will get the vet to look at it when we're there just to make sure. i'll post some new pics in the photos section.

Mel

• 2 weeks later...