Yes Another Toilet Training Question

Danois

I woke him up at 5am this morning (when the cat woke me) and carried him downstairs and outside to pee as he was very reluctant to get out of bed. We were outside for 15 mins with nothing. I went inside to go to the toilet and get some insect spray as the mosquitos were mauling me - blow me down, I was on the toilet and he squattered right there in front of me and peed - I was not in a position to usher him outside!

Otherwise the wee (no pun intended) darling seems okay to go from 11pm to 6am without a pee stop. I think the breeder set this routine as they were shut up at night and let out again in the morning and peed on release.

At least I am getting sleep!

:cry:

Oscar did that to me the other day.. I took him outside.. all he wanted to do was play and run a muck.. Waited for about 20 mins and I needed to go to the loo..

So inside we both go.. Sit down on the loo and he looks at me with his beautiful eyes and does what Mummy's doing GRRRRRRRR

:rofl:

We had a massive step forward today! We will ignore the one on the bedroom floor as soon as he got up - not sure how to deal with this as he is upstairs at night and the other one on his pillow upstairs!

Next trip I predicted and we went outside and he went with very little prompting. I went out and left him shut in his bedroom (mattress, water, toys, kong and fan) and when I was out he went on the pee pad.

I took him out again earlier and we had 20 mins with no action so I came inside and filled his water bowl, he drank that and then started to pee on his bed which I stopped. I took him outside for 15 mins to finish but he just decided to have a snooze instead. I went inside to clean up the previous incident and turned around to see him going outside and going to the toilet all by himself!!!!

Okay maybe it is babystep given the other 2 incidents but it shows he is learning!

Because he is under house arrest I have been taking him out into the back lane way for 5 mins at a time on the lead to get him used to the lead - I have never seen another dog in the laneway and all the dogs nearby (there are a few) are all vaccinated (having spoken to owners). He is getting used to the lead and is not so resistant now. He sometimes likes to walk in between my legs which makes it difficult!

I have finally figured it out so I thought I would post a picture of my darling.

We have now had 2 days with no puddles inside!! Next we work on the piles cos they sure come big....

I took him out for breakfast this morning. My friend owns a cafe with a private courtyard out the back which has never had a dog in it. So he was popped in there with plenty of water and shade. He gave one howl and that was it. The other customers thought he was a darling. One of the waitresses (a uni student) has said she will come spend time with him during the day which he will love. It was a really great chance for me to see how he goes away from me and it showed that I do not need to fret as after a few mins he curls up and goes to sleep.

post-14529-1169346009.jpgpost-14529-1169346037_thumb.jpg