Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Dogs Eating Dirt - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Dogs Eating Dirt

#1 User is offline   biker girl 

• maker of all things that ARE SO bad for you
  • State:SA

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

tonight we have just discovered both our sheppie girls (mother/daughter) 7yrs old and 4 yrs old nibbling on a select spot of dirt.

7yr old was licking at the dirt and the younger one was actually nibbling on the harder parts to break it up to access it better...............

They are fed a raw/natural diet with chicken carcesses being the main protein source.

I have never seen any of my dogs, over the many years of owning dogs, ever doing this.

Eating/grazing on grass, yep, not dirt................................

Any ideas??????

#2 User is offline   Lindainfa 

• Forum Regular
  • State:VIC

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

My dogs eat sticks, dirt, grass, roots of plants, bark etc. I think its just their natural instinct to eat things outside from nature? I used to be worried about it, but then nothing happened to them and I don't worry about it anymore. Its natural stuff, their stomach can handle it so I just let them eat it!

Share this topic:

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions