Have Judges Become Too Pedantic?

Utility Licence

To be eligible to apply for an Utility Judges Licence the applicant must have:

9.2.7.1 Judged a minimum of three (3) Open Classes.

9.2.7.2 Acted as Ring Steward in Victoria for at least three (3) Utility Classes at Obedience

Trials.

9.2.7.3 Completed the Practical Training for Utility within twelve (12) months to the Written

Examination.

9.2.7.4 Passed the Written Examination for Utility.

9.2.7.5 Passed the Practical Assessment for Utility.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, yep WMR is correct, to get into judges training you only have to have achieved one pass in Novice - all the rest are based on judging the class 3 times & stewarding etc then you can go up.

Yes, your right WMR, I stand corrected.

I'm not sure that practical experience matters at the end of the day, how many football/Cricket umpires have played at the elite level, etc, etc.

I dont think we would have too many judges going around if those rules were in place.

The rules are still in black and white, someone will always interpret them in their own way. :hug:

yes but i dont know any umpires that havent played at some level

yes but understadning the rules is easier if you have actually put them in place yourself i for one wouldnt ask someone for a runthrough fif they havent trialled even if they had read the rule book and knew it off by heart because of the communicatin factor for example

If you read lead must be held in left hand it doesnt really explain how it is to be carred you could hold your hand out the side like a showie does and be completing te task however when you have done the time in the ranks of trialling you have a much better understanding of what it means think back to your first dog and how you may have interpreted the rules compared to say now with a few more years experience