Passing Wind

My lovely dog is going to make me chuck one of these days, She is fed kibble and raw food and is going really well on this diet but in the last week she keeps farting and it is enough to clear a room :D She was doint it at training the other day and the girl next to me gagged and kept blaming her dog till I told her it was Lucky.

She is fine going to the toilet and has no issues with constipation or diarea (sp?) but wont stop farting.

Is there anything I could add to her diet to either stop this or at least stop her clearing a room?

thanks

Lauren

What kind of kibble?

What kind of raw food?

Check your kibble for soy (vegetable protein) in its contents. Apparently this is a very common source of flatulence.

Some DOLers have reported good results from feeding charcoal biscuits - if you do a search on 'charcoal' it should turn up something.

She is fed supercoat, I know not the best choice but she loves it and looks better than ever, her raw food is chicken carcasses, meaty bones, pumpkin, carrot and other vegies, depending on what I have out for tea

Ill check next time i go to the shops about the soy as i threw thepackaging out the other day.

where abouts would I get charcoal biscuits from?

Thanks poodle fan

Lauren

I have noticed she does smell more as well.

I want to change her food but she id picky on what dry she eats, she went through a stage where all she would eat was chum.

She also puts on weight way to easily so I need to be careful on the fat content.

anyone have any picky dogs like this and what do they use?

i was advised that eukanuba is the best dry food to feed - it will provent odours in all respects.

I disagree. I wouldn't feed Eukanuba.

Try Eagle Pack, Royal Canin or one of the super premium foods for a better quality dry food.

Taffy, Chum is awful, it's really poor quality IMO. The raw food and vegies you are feeding her is a good diet.

what is wrong with eukanuba??

Leni, try looking at a couple of web sites. Eagle Pack, Royal Canin, Nutro are all SUPER premium foods. Eukanuba is good but there are better.

Did your vet reccommend the Eukanuba?

Do a search on DOL and you will see heaps of threads about dry food choice.

My dogs were on Nutro and they did NOT fart at all.

They are on Eagle Pack Holistic and they have been farting but i think it is the sardines i have been feeding them.

I am doing an experiment and not feeding them sardines for a week. See if they fart.

Then i will feed them sardines and see what happens. If they do it is the brand i am using at themoment as they never did it on coles brand sardines.

I know the chum was awful but she flatly refused everything else. It was all i could do to get her to eat

What is nutrience like for keeping them lean? if I get my newf thats what he will be on but the puppy version. the supercoat doesnt seem to fill her up either but she is a little too chunky for my liking

thanks

All our seeing eye puppies are raised on Royal Canin and they fart enough to clear a room out, it stenches. My dogs on Eukanuba don't fart and their condition was great. Some dogs do well on certain kibble and others don't, best to get the small 2kg or 5 kg packs and see which one your dog does best on. What suits one dog doesn't suit another.

I now have all dogs on Nutro and no farting at all either and their condition is wonderful, happy with Nutro.

Also maybe add some yoghurt into the kibble and see if that makes any difference.

I don't think Euk is a bad food, but there are certainly better foods out there for the same amount of money, such as Nutro Natural Choice, Eagle Pack Holistic and Nutrience Holistic. I feed my girls EP holistic - no smelly farts here either!

intestinal gas can be formed either kibble or fresh food...many veg are culprit of it. Like broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, milk etc.

To prevent it to develop into bloats, u can feed some probiotics or digestive enzymes. Parsley, alfalfa, zuchinni are all good veg for that. Even ginger too.

same problem here!! but Ted is on a pure raw/barf diet. the only thing he gets that isn't raw is a small supercoat biscuit in the morning would that be enough? i mean his farts are OFF :laugh: luckily they don't seem to last a long time!!

i add yogurt to his tea about twice a week, should i step it up a bit?

sorry for the hi-jack :eek:

Bruno farts, but hey, so do I, and mine don't exactly smell like roses so why should his!!

You can buy some Pedigree Wind Buster chews from the supermarket, they are made from charcoal and claim to help gas.

It's natural, as long as his poos are firm and regular, hey who doesn't fart!!

I have had Angus on a restricted diet as he seems very sensitive to any changes and he is now only eating Royal Canin Giant (will slowly reintroduce one food at a time).

He farts BAD! He is lucky he is so big that his head is far away from his rear end...

Am going to look at the new Royal Canin for Sensitive once he hits 8 months (time to change from Puppy to Junior)

All those premium foods and I think super premium aswell have money back warranty.If your dog doesn't like it you take the bag back to where you bought it and you get a refund.It's how they promote their product.As for the farting I can't help you there.Gasmask perhaps?? :thumbsup: