Eagle Pack Holistic Food

I have a georgeous 5 month old staffy pup whom has unfortunately developed demodectic mange. it is on the mend and his hair will grow back- but i was wondering what peoples thoughts were regarding me feeding him a holistic diet such as Eagle Pack to aid his immune system while he fights the mange mite?? preferably would like to hear from people who has used Eagle Pack and have or havent noticed any change in the general well being of there beloved. it was only as Id learnt that the demodectic mite is present in the skin of alll pups and that it could be linked to an immune system deficiency that causes it to take hold, that I would like to try to have hiim on the best quality food that i can. Thanks alot guys for any responses. :confused:

You will get lots of different responses. :confused: Try doing a search (top right) in health on Eagle Pack you'll bring up heaps of info.

I have my oldies on Hills Senior, and haven't changed it because they hold weight and their coats look fab.

My Staffy girl has skin allergies and food allergies so she is on a prescription diet for that, I had tried EP Anchovy with her and it worked *almost* as well as the prescription diet but her skin and ears were starting to go a bit red on it- though she would be much worse if I was to feed her a normal diet like Hills/Euk/Advance.

I started my Toller on Hills, but I found that his coat wasn't fantastic and shiny- it was OK, just not as good as I thought it could be. He was also doing massive amounts of poo on it which made me think he probably wasn't digesting it very well, and he would have this crazy hour about an hour after I fed him his main meal in the evening.

I changed him over to EP and the hyperactivity stopped almost overnight, I had him on the EP Natural for quite a while, and found it good but was having trouble keeping weight on him (more to do with his age) so I moved him over to the holistic range and right now he is on the Anchovy & Salmon- his coat looks awesome, he is always well and since he had a few stomach issues as a pup I like the fact that there are prebiotics and probiotics added. I use the EP in concjunction with BARF patties, and raw bones occasionally.

I think that EP would be one of the best foods you could have your Stafford on considering the immune system probs at the moment. I just feel it's a 'step-up' from the regular super premiums. Not including Nutro/Ziwipeak etc. I haven't got any experience in those so can't comment but I'm sure others will be along later to tell you about them. :birthday:

Mel.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

I have Gomez on EP Holistic and his coat and skin are very good - he's not a shiny coated breed, but it is very lustrous, if you know what I mean, and isn't scratching at all, not that he had any big problems before that...

You can keep him on the EPH even after his mange has gone, it's a very whole food

I was feeding EP holistic and changed over to advance for various reasons, even though i do feel that EP is a better quality food. The dogs coats improved out of sight and energy levels increased also. Better poop aswell!

• 2 weeks later...