Sledding

Heya.

Axle (sibe) is coming up to 10 months and I know I can't train him to 18 months but I want to start buying gear so I don't get slugged all at once.

Is it too early to get a harness? He is already at his breed standard height but not weight???

How far should I be running him at 10 months? I do 2km with him in the evening (I run further in the mornings and sometimes in the evening but he only does 2km.)

Cheers,

Michael.

Heya.

Axle (sibe) is coming up to 10 months and I know I can't train him to 18 months but I want to start buying gear so I don't get slugged all at once.

Is it too early to get a harness? He is already at his breed standard height but not weight???

How far should I be running him at 10 months? I do 2km with him in the evening (I run further in the mornings and sometimes in the evening but he only does 2km.)

Cheers,

Michael.

I'm no expert but I wouldn't be sure running a 10 month old over a 2km distance is a good idea. Walking pace would be better I would've thought, at least until he's alittle older.

Edited by Tahna

thinking you may not get a lot of replies ... have you searched Yahoo groups for a specific dog sledding group? they seem to have a group for everything on there and then you could have all your q's answered and more!

good luck with the sledding - that looks like so much fun!!! maybe if I had 10 shelties... :confused: