Border Collies Doing Shutzhund

does any one have a videos or pics of border collies doing shutzhund in europe

i have been told about them doing the bite work part of shutzhund

as they normaly they only compete in ob and tracking

Guest rhapsodical78

I haven't, but I was wondering the same thing about kelpies. I know a trainer who had success with a cattle dog doing bite work.

i had never seen or herd of it ether i just think it would be cool to see

i dont think its restricted i read some thing that they are set into groups

so they wouldnt compete against rotts dobes mel and gsd and i think there is 1 more breed in that group

i was talking to steve austin on the weekend at a seminar he did

a trainer he knows bc's have a sh3

the highest shutzhund ranking

This person was probably in America.

thought the sport of sch is restricted to certain breeds, I doubt that BC's are on the list....

Depends who the Governing body is affiliated with; Australia is under FCI rules and regulations, so only herding/guarding breeds on there list are eligible to compete.

America has a few different governing bodies and affiliates; one of their governing bodies is the DVG, which allows all breeds to compete in Schutzhund. (The dumbbell sizes and A-Frame/Hurdle sizes stay the same so this does limit the size of breeds, which can compete)

Breeds eligible under FCI regulations.

German Shepherd Dog, Boxer, Dobermann, Rottweiler, Giant Schnauzer, Airedale Terrier, Bouvier Des Flandres, Hovawart, Belgian Shepherd (Groendael, Malinois, Tervueren, Laekenois), Berger de Beauce, Berger de Brie, Berger Des Pyrenees A Face Rase, Berger Des Pyrenees A Museau Normal, Berger Picard, Lapinkoira, Suomenpystykorva.

Breeds eligible under FCI regulations.

German Shepherd Dog, Boxer, Dobermann, Rottweiler, Giant Schnauzer, Airedale Terrier, Bouvier Des Flandres, Hovawart, Belgian Shepherd (Groendael, Malinois, Tervueren, Laekenois), Berger de Beauce, Berger de Brie, Berger Des Pyrenees A Face Rase, Berger Des Pyrenees A Museau Normal, Berger Picard, Lapinkoira, Suomenpystykorva.

Interesting that there is no Black Russian Terrier

Edited by myszka