When To Start Comp Feeding Puppies

kyeesha

at 3 weeks of age is when i start introducing puppy food. only one small meal a day, sometimes two if their bellies are handling it well and they are enjoying it.

as they grow, the number of solid feeding increases until they are only on mum at night, usually around the 5 or 6 week mark.

Jenna

at 3 weeks of age is when i start introducing puppy food. only one small meal a day, sometimes two if their bellies are handling it well and they are enjoying it.

as they grow, the number of solid feeding increases until they are only on mum at night, usually around the 5 or 6 week mark.

Jenna

Thanks Jenna, she doesn't seem too interested in feeding them during the day, so might start comping them soon, night time is ok atm

I usually pick what would be their lunchtime suckle off mum to give them a try on puppy food. i take mum out for about half an hour beforehand, let them toilet and then give them a bit of a play, then introduce food one at a time.

Jenna

Mum seems more interested in playing outside with the two other dogs during the day, she gives the bubs a quick top up and then off she goes, night time is different she gives them as much as they like. They seem happy enough and are as fat as so am guessing they are ok. Have stared putting newspaper down for them to pee on, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't but at least they don't get their bed as wet as they were.

• 3 weeks later...

My opinion is to let them get all the nutrients from mum for as long as they can...

I leave a bowl of tiny puppy kibble out 24/7 incase the pups go exploring and are interested, or just hungry when mum is out doing her own thing.

What kind of wet food do people offer?