Doggy First Aid Kit

Hi DOLers

Was inspired by myValkyrie's tail injury thread and was wondering about a Doggy First Aid Kit????

We have a human one, but I was thinking that there are probably some products I should have on hand that are specific and/or safe for dogs also...

Any suggestions for things I should have on hand "just in case"????

Ta muchly

MP

Edited by maya papaya

Self adhesive bandage,non stick gauze

Betadine (antiseptic)

Rescue remedy (shock)

Witchazel (clean a wound)

Saline (flush eyes)

Muzzle (in case of severe trauma such as car accident)

Arnica (bruising)

Natural healer such as "The Scarless Healer" ,Comfrey cream etc

Styptic pen or equivalent (to stop bleeding ie bleeding nail)

Colloidal silver is always a handy thing to have on hand, as you can use it to wipe eyes, wounds, put it in their water , natural antibiotic........

For bee stings/allergic insect bites I keep phernergen on hand, there are other antihistimines like Periactin, Clarantyne etc that can be used on dogs. I also have a homeopathic first aide kit on heand, you can get them from a lady on ebay usually or Jackie Fitzgerald sells them also.

I keep a limited one on me while grooming. More because I cut myself, but one day a dog may receive an injury (touch wood, I have never caused one)

Non stick bandage and gauze

Styptic powder

Antiseptic

I keep these basics to initially treat a wound and then if need be, head off to the vet.

Cavandra has given some great everyday items though that would be handy to keep in the car and in the house incase of an accident involving the doggies.