9month Old Puppy Rubbing Against Furniture?

fiend

In the last few weeks my staffy pup has been going along furniture with his body, and it seems to be getting worse.

I have checked him and he is free of fleas. Is there something wrong or is he just pretending to be a cat :rofl: ?

Also, hes has a lump in the middle of his neck that looks and feels a bit like a really extruded scar. It's about the size of a sultana.

I'll be taking him to the vet soon for a few other things, i'm just wondering what you guys think

thaaaaaaaaaaanks!

In the last few weeks my staffy pup has been going along furniture with his body, and it seems to be getting worse.

I have checked him and he is free of fleas. Is there something wrong or is he just pretending to be a cat :angel: ?

Sorry had to giggle at dog pretending to be a cat :rofl:

Our old Harry had us convinced that he was a cat trapped in a dogs body, he refused to eat his food only ate cat food, use to groom himself like a cat do the licky thingo and rub his body around your legs like a cat...meowoof :cry:

Hope it all goes well at the vets

Cheers

Emma had a lump like that on the back of her neck for a while. It started fairly small, like a sultana, and got a little bigger (the max size was probably the size of a medium grape), and then completely disappeared. By the time we took her to a vet it wasn't there (the whole thing came and went in about 2 weeks). We think it was just a reaction from her immunisations.

Could be some skin irritation, and rubbing is helping him itch. I have a dog I groom that has awful skin problems and rubs herself along the slats under the bed and couches etc to scratch herself. Not saying this is it but could be a possibility.

A trip to the vets would do the job and they'll prob do a skin scraping just to check if there is anything going on.

Or, he could possibly be a cat in disguise ;)

Dunno about the lump ?

Our Beagle puppy does that too! We also thought he was pretending to be a cat. He seems to rub himself on everything until he gets so low he is laying on the ground and then he will continue to crawl along on his belly for a while...

It doesnt seem to be him trying to rid himself of an itch though...

We will be speaking to the vet this week about so he can have his 12 week shots, will let you know if I find out anything...

Could be a grass allergy, Beagle07. Have you got any of that Wandering Jew plant? That's known to be an allergen for some dogs.

Try putting some aloe vera jel on his tummy - won't matter if he licks it off.

I agree it could be a plant allergy or maybe just a skin allergy. My shih tzu can get really bad skin so i just keep her on a good shampoo and she gets tablets from the vet if it gets too bad.

As for the lump i was thinking vaccination reaction all 3 of mine had this happen

Does he wear a jacket when he rugs against the furniture? If so, and it is pola fleece his little hairs could be stuck in it and cause him to become itchy and he can't scratch himself all over (by himself) so this is the best way to scratch!

If he doesn't I agree that it could be a skin irritation or an allergy.

Please keep us updated ;)

-Nemo :laugh:

Edited cause I can't spell :laugh:

Edited by Finding Nemo