Tasty Royal Canin

The canned Eagle Pack is fine, it's the Advance that is not so good...

Is that what you meant?

Yes, I meant Advance dry. I was advised to buy by the pet store. Corn is the second ingredient. I do supplement his food with vitamins, flaxseed oil and probiotics. Tonight for the first time, I gave him some minced chicken roast and cooked beans, carrot, mixed with kibble and canned food. He loved it! Licked the empty bowl for about 3 mins afterwards.

He also seems a lot more placid on a part natural diet. Will see what his poo looks like. I think I will continue to supplement his food with some extras from my meals before I add seasoning to them.

I called Eagle Pack for some samples today. I read on this forum that their poo is not as firm with Eagle Pack, but the forum post didnt indicate Holistic or normal range Eagle Pack.

By the way, your little Gomez is a cutie. You've got some great advice.

The canned Eagle Pack is fine, it's the Advance that is not so good...

Is that what you meant?

Yes, I meant Advance dry. I was advised to buy by the pet store. Corn is the second ingredient. I do supplement his food with vitamins, flaxseed oil and probiotics. Tonight for the first time, I gave him some minced chicken roast and cooked beans, carrot, mixed with kibble and canned food. He loved it! Licked the empty bowl for about 3 mins afterwards.

He also seems a lot more placid on a part natural diet. Will see what his poo looks like. I think I will continue to supplement his food with some extras from my meals before I add seasoning to them.

I called Eagle Pack for some samples today. I read on this forum that their poo is not as firm with Eagle Pack, but the forum post didnt indicate Holistic or normal range Eagle Pack.

By the way, your little Gomez is a cutie. You've got some great advice.

Sounds like you're on the right track, phasing out the Advance - Gomez's poo is fine on the EPH, he's tried the anchovy, the chicken and now the duck formula and gobbles them all...

When you stop feeding the Advance, and if you have a lot keft, there was a suggestion a few weeks ago that unwanted food could be donated to shelters or rescues...

Where's a picture of your little guy?

Hi Gomez, sorry for the late reply. I havent had much luck with photos but have managed, with some croping and resolution down sizing to upload a picture of Optimus on my profile page. It was taken with my phone camera at night so it is not very clear. He looks a lot like your little one. By the way, I have changed his diet to half Advance and half Eagle Pack Holistic. He gobbles it up but I think it is very rich because he vomited some of it up today. I am thinking of changing to Eagle Pack normal puppy kibble instead. Does this happen sometimes? He has been eating it for a week now. Maybe he liked it so much that he ate tooo much at once.

Hi Gomez, sorry for the late reply. I havent had much luck with photos but have managed, with some croping and resolution down sizing to upload a picture of Optimus on my profile page. It was taken with my phone camera at night so it is not very clear. He looks a lot like your little one. By the way, I have changed his diet to half Advance and half Eagle Pack Holistic. He gobbles it up but I think it is very rich because he vomited some of it up today. I am thinking of changing to Eagle Pack normal puppy kibble instead. Does this happen sometimes? He has been eating it for a week now. Maybe he liked it so much that he ate tooo much at once.

He is sooooo cute! He does look a bit like Gomez, just more curly... adorable.

With the EP, either holistic or regular, you should be feeding a bit less than the Advance, the nutrients are more densley packed, so less quantity food gives more nutrients - look at the feeding guidelines on the bag - it is possible he is eating too much too fast. The changeover can be done over two weeks, start with half and half and then taper off the Advance until you have just EP, in the meantime, keep an eye on the portion size that he eats.