Ssdtc Training

SSDTC offers obedience training, agility, flyball, canine freestyle (doggy dancing), canine mans best friend course, has a group of therapy dogs which go to St.George/Sutherland Shire nursing homes. All this can be yours for $25 joining fee and $3 each time you attend. Dogs need to be four months old and you will need to bring vaccination certificate with you.

Come along on Sunday morning at 8.30am and see what you think. You can get more details and an overview from the website, and also can download the form and bring it along with you already filled in. Or do this on Sunday if you decide to join.

I won't be there this Sunday as we are entered in an agility trial, however am happy to answer any questions you might like to ask.

I guess you are local, so you might like to also look at Hurstville dog training group.

Our top OB trialling group usually trains in front of the clubhouse, so make sure you have a look at the "serious" people. One of them took out first place at this year's Royal, so some serious talent there.

Noels.

• 2 weeks later...
Sutherland Shire Dog Training Club

Has anyone been to these training classes and what can you tell me about them?

I just need basic training...mainly STAY.. any advice appreciated?

Hi

Like anything else, go into it with your eyes open. there are some good instructors there - and there are some who aren't.

steer clear of the idiots who get you to do out of sight recalls - it can really bugger up your stability.

work with the people who can show you their own well-trained dog. and yes, the guy who won winner of winners at sydney royal from the novice ring is there.

speedy2