Hydrobaths

Has anyone dealt with or bought a Conmurra hydrobath since they got taken over by Hydrobaths Australia?

We went and looked at them early last year and decided on the twin tank autofill. Circumstances changed, and we are only now in the position to finally do it (thank you tax man).

As we are going to be organising it from 7 hours away, I need all the information I can get before committing!!!

Are both tanks heated, or just the rinse tank? Are there any other features that are a must have? Am also wondering if it is worth getting the built in blow dryer, or if I should get it seperately. The only reason I am looking at the blower is to try combat the loose hair situation we have, or will the pressure from the hydrobath be enough to blast the little suckers into oblivion...

All input will be greatly appreciated.

Are both tanks heated, or just the rinse tank? Are there any other features that are a must have? Am also wondering if it is worth getting the built in blow dryer, or if I should get it seperately. The only reason I am looking at the blower is to try combat the loose hair situation we have, or will the pressure from the hydrobath be enough to blast the little suckers into oblivion...

We opted for a single tank with a heater for shampoo and got a hydrobath that gets its rinse water from the main house supply. We had a hot tap installed outside (easy, and cheap to do), and the bath mixes the hot and cold like a washing machine, so you get lots of clean warm water to rinse with. If you're just going to have a bath at home, I reckon that's the best way. I think the two heated tanks thing is really something for people who have mobile bath businesses who don't have a reliable hot water supply. Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have got the heater for the shampoo tank either. We never use it because the water stays warm long enough.

The fixed rinse option is handy not just for rinsing out the shampoo, but for rinsing out the dog before shampooing. Also, we opted for a separate blow dryer. That way I can keep bathing the dogs while my partner starts blow drying! You'll always have loose hair, but if you use a rubber bath brush as well as giving the coat a good go with the hydrobath probably the dryer won't add much?

I :eek: my hydrobath, it makes so many things easier, and the fixed rinsing is genius. The one at the vet that we used to have didn't have fixed rinsing, and the dogs were never as clean. Mind you, a pointer is probably less of an issue in that respect than an Afghan :rofl:

I've recently brought the autofill model however i brought it from Petbarn and when it was delivered turns out it was 2 years old so they had had it in stock all that time.

When i contacted Hydrobaths Aust to ask a question (i wanted to buy a stand for it and wanted to make sure the stands now fitted a 2 year old model)to see if they had changed at all in that time Jose was as shocked as i was and obviously it was nothing to do with him but he gave me the full warranty from date of purchase.He was very good and my gripe was with Petbarn,not the manufacturer.

Hydrobath works well, i would probably opt with having a heater in the wash tank as well ,once i transfer the water from the sealed tank to the wash tank it does tend to cool off quickly,especially if you're doing a really through wash.

Check out the Double K Airmax dryer from Clipperworld,i've got one and it's great value for money

Good luck

julie

Ive got the conmurra twin tank autofill. I bought it several years ago .

Only the left tank is heated. I generally heat my water up in that tank (the left one) then once its heated I transfer to the right tank. THen I refill the left tank, and whilst Im washing (using the right tank) the left tank's water is heating again so it will be ready for me to use for a rinse.

I hope that makes sense.

I personally didn't like the idea of built in dryers. I have mine seperate.

Edited to add - After I wash Riley I still get hair flying everywhere when I dry him.

I quite often take him out into the shed and just used the dryer on him to blow out loose hair.

Edited by wagsalot

Wagsalot, do you find that the water cools quickly once you have transferred it to the other tank?

I always make it warmer than what I actually want, so that by the time I transfer it to the other tank, and get the dog in the bath the water is just right.

By the time I've finished washing the dog the water is still luke warm.