Eagle Pack Large Breed Puppy

Hello!

I've just switched our RR pup to Eagle Pack Large Breed Puppy and was wondering if anyone has had any previous experience with the food? Was it good for your pups or did you have problems?

When you change foods, does it take a while for them to settle with it?

Thanks! :)

You should switch it gradually (10% of the new stuff on the 1st day 20% on the 2nd day etc).

It takes about 4-6 weeks to the the difference (in coat etc) after switching.

I think EP is very good, EP holistic even better.

I raise my golden babies on Eagle Pack Large breed puppy - it's a fabulous product and not too high in protein like some other puppy foods, so they grow at a slower rate minimising stress on joints. As laffi mentioned, make the switch gradually and it does take a month or so to see the difference. I don't think there is a EP holistic product for large breed puppies at the moment, but there is a holistic for large breed adults.

I'm not sure if it's Eagle Pack brand, but check out the ingredients of the Adult Holistic vs. Puppy Large breed. In one of the better brands the ingredients are almost the same, but the adult one a fair bit cheaper. There are very small amounts of glucosamine, omega 3 and 6 in the puppy formula, but it would be far more economical to give sardines once a week, plus some shavings off a human glucosamine tablet each day.

I'm not sure if it's Eagle Pack brand, but check out the ingredients of the Adult Holistic vs. Puppy Large breed. In one of the better brands the ingredients are almost the same, but the adult one a fair bit cheaper. There are very small amounts of glucosamine, omega 3 and 6 in the puppy formula, but it would be far more economical to give sardines once a week, plus some shavings off a human glucosamine tablet each day.

EP Natural Formula in the purple bag is the same as the Large Breed Puppy. Same ingredients in the same ratios. The Natural Formula is cheaper. It's basically just marketing, people feel they need to feed a LB puppy food so EP made the puppy food.

My pup didn't do well on EP large breed pup 9 months ago. She got bloated after each meal and vomited the food back up sometimes, it's no wonder when the kibbles expands four times it's size when you soak them. She's also hyperactive back then and have 4-5 soft poos a day until I change her to Nutrience which she did well on, 2 solid poos a day, no vomiting and much calmer. Now she's on half BARF half kibble (due to food recalls, i'm worried), going on full BARF soon. I know some dogs do well on EP large breed pup, but mine just didn't. I believe each dog responses differently to different foods so it's all down to trial and error.