Vca Naming Conventions

Hey guys,

I'm currently training my 5 year old Staffy in Obedience and he's getting close to trialing level..

What I want to ask is, when I register him with the VCA what kind of naming convention do I use? Whats the rules with it? My dog's name is Zach btw and he'll be an associate dog as I don't have papers for him.

Thanks!

Yep, you can have 2 words but I cant remember how many letter.

My dogs name is Cooper, but registered as Sparkling Cooper. Many people will use their surname, but I wanted something a little different.

I know Cosmolo's dog is registered as "cosmopolitan", so it is up to you.

You will need to come up with a couple of names though just incase the one you want is taken.

eg. Zesty Zach, Zach Attack :D

Also, do this asap as the VCA are taking about 5 weeks to get the registrations done, and you obviously need this prior to entering.

:thumbsup:

Yep, you can have 2 words but I cant remember how many letter.

My dogs name is Cooper, but registered as Sparkling Cooper. Many people will use their surname, but I wanted something a little different.

I know Cosmolo's dog is registered as "cosmopolitan", so it is up to you.

You will need to come up with a couple of names though just incase the one you want is taken.

eg. Zesty Zach, Zach Attack :D

Also, do this asap as the VCA are taking about 5 weeks to get the registrations done, and you obviously need this prior to entering.

:thumbsup:

Hey thanks for the info! I'll have to come up with something cool.. Luckily I'm not in any rush to join up, I'm still only in level 4 of my club and it's level 5 where we start learning to trial :)

Sparkling Cooper sounds cool btw!

From the VCA AR form :- "Names of dogs submitted for registration shall not contain more than twenty (20) letters and consist of not more than two words."

Okay going to fill out the form...

I need ideas!

I'm thinking of also using Zachariah for his name.. Not sure.. But I need something cool to go infront or after it :rofl:

--Edit--

Hmm.. He's been with me since I was 16 and has always stuck by me.. Not like he had a choice but anyway! :( He's my first dog and I love him so much, he means so much to me.. So I want a name to reflect that hmm..

I like the idea of Sparkling! I'll have to think up something equally as cool :(

Edited by Kowai

Hmmm.

Some words that come to mind are:

Mystar

Myamigo ( My Amigo)

Comrade

Mainman

Sidekick

It's hard. I took ages to decide what I wanted. My dad suggested Coopers Brewery, but I didn't think that was really appropriate :D