Rhi*Jak*Ed

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Clover

Oh no i am only just seeing this now :laugh:. Sending lots of healing vibes for Jak and :thumbsup: for you to 'Mum'.

Thanks Clover - it's not good and very worrying, but my little girl has plenty of spark and so am hoping she recovers quickly and fully :-)

Pinnacle here's a couple of pics of the terror herself... :thumbsup: One as just a wee pup and one taken maybe a month ago.

post-16668-1185787962_thumb.jpg

post-16668-1185787992_thumb.jpg

Thanks Clover - it's not good and very worrying, but my little girl has plenty of spark and so am hoping she recovers quickly and fully :-)

Pinnacle here's a couple of pics of the terror herself... :thumbsup: One as just a wee pup and one taken maybe a month ago.

What a beautiful puppy and such lovely dark eyes. I can see that she is quite a character. You picked a good one Rhi. Tell me anyone who would not want to cuddle her to death. When she is home and well again can we have a pic of her doing zoomies. Maybe we could start a photo forum and get people to post, my dog doing zoomies this would be fun. What do you think?

Anyway hope you get a good nights rest and sleep

haha sounds good. She does such wonderful zoomies, but more so in the backyard now rather than inside. It took her headbutting the coffee table on two occasions for her to realise that trying to jump onto the couch whilst running underneath the coffee table would end in quite the headache! haha. Now she does figure 8's in the yard and I think sometimes surprises herself at just how quick she is. You know when you do a sprint and you feel that you're running way too fast for your legs to cope or catch up? Yeah well I think she does that lol.

My little munchkin.

Thanks everyone, you've been great :-)

Hi all,

Well I have spoken with the vet this morning and she is doing much better. She had some food about 20 minutes ago and has thus far managed to keep it down. Yay!

He is treating it as a bout of gastroentirits, although concedes that she could possibly have had a reaction to the painkillers he prescribed for her leg. He said her asophygus has been burned because of all the vomiting and she's having like a reflux sort of effect, so the burning is making her think there's still something there to get rid of, when really there isn't. Poor baby :-(

All things going well, i.e. keeping her food down, he will take her off the drip early this afternoon and I can pick her up around 5.30/6 pm.

I feel much better now having spoken to him. Not that the vet nurse isn't great, but this one in particular just doesn't seem to have the "bedside manner" that the other vet nurse and the vet himself have. It's almost like she's indifferent, and doesn't exactly display much (if any) compassion, and getting information out of her has been like pulling teeth. So when I called this morning I listened to her bumble and then asked to speak to the vet himself. Oh well.

He said she's bright and bubbly, which is great :-)

Like I said, I feel much better now, I've been so worried about her.

With any luck my little girl will be at home tonight receiving many cuddles and a ridiculous amount of kisses

Hi all,

Well I have spoken with the vet this morning and she is doing much better. She had some food about 20 minutes ago and has thus far managed to keep it down. Yay!

He is treating it as a bout of gastroentirits, although concedes that she could possibly have had a reaction to the painkillers he prescribed for her leg. He said her asophygus has been burned because of all the vomiting and she's having like a reflux sort of effect, so the burning is making her think there's still something there to get rid of, when really there isn't. Poor baby :-(

All things going well, i.e. keeping her food down, he will take her off the drip early this afternoon and I can pick her up around 5.30/6 pm.

I feel much better now having spoken to him. Not that the vet nurse isn't great, but this one in particular just doesn't seem to have the "bedside manner" that the other vet nurse and the vet himself have. It's almost like she's indifferent, and doesn't exactly display much (if any) compassion, and getting information out of her has been like pulling teeth. So when I called this morning I listened to her bumble and then asked to speak to the vet himself. Oh well.

He said she's bright and bubbly, which is great :-)

Like I said, I feel much better now, I've been so worried about her.

With any luck my little girl will be at home tonight receiving many cuddles and a ridiculous amount of kisses

That sounds great! :rofl: Kisses for Jak when she comes back :)

Good for you for asking to talk to the vet!

Hi Rhi, that's good to hear that little Jak has kept some food down, :) She will be so excited to see you tonight. I am glad she is getting better. It won't be long before she will be doing zoomies again. :rofl:

I just rang the vet again to make sure she was still on track to come home tonight and she is! YAY!!! Apparently she's bouncing off the walls haha.

He said to me "Did 'so and so' tell you yesterday that she'd had some diarrhoea?'... Um, no.... the vet nurse with no bedside manner did NOT tell me! Yikes. That makes sense now as to why they think it's gastroentiritis. Sheesh!

Hi all,

Well Jak is at home now, but it appears that she's still got a fair way to go before she's her old self again :-( She seems to just sit, retch, lay down... Then she sits up, retches and lays down again. Not much of a routine, but she's getting there. She seems very tired so has been having lots of naps upon arriving home.

I have decided not to crate her as I need to be able to tell when she is on the improve, and I can't do that when she's confined to her crate. My dog LOVES to run, but so far a slow walk is all she can manage, and sometimes not even that.

She appears to have lost alot of weight too, which isn't all that surprising considering that she probably has not retained any food since last Thursday. Hmm. Her stomach also appears quite distended. She's sitting behind me now retching.

Oh man this isn't fun... She has received many cuddles and kisses and seems quite content to just sit next to me or snuggle up if I'm also laying down. This is out of the ordinary too but I am liking this change haha.

Anyway, will keep you all posted with her progress. I am at home with her today, and will see how she is in the morning before I decide whether to go to work or not, but at this stage I feel that I'll probably be at home all week keeping an eye on her.

Oh, I forgot to add that the other vet nurse got in to work this morning and saw that Jak had been there so she called me straight away to see how she was. She's our favourite :-) haha.

Rhi & Jak

Edited by Rhi & Jak

She's actually not on any medication... She was on Prevacox when I first brought her home from her desexing, but the vet has now taken her off that so she's not on any at the moment.

She's drinking fine, just when she feels like it and is weeing and pooing ok too, which is good. She kept her dinner down last night but has only managed two mouthfuls of food this morning, nothing since. He's sent her home on the i/d diet.

I don't know why she's still retching - it all seems too much for her and everything she does looks like it's quite the effort, including breathing. Very laboured... The only time it seems "normal" is when she's asleep.

Thanks Clover :-) I hope she becomes Jak again soon. Ooh good sign, she just put her teeth around the iron cord haha.

I know exactly what you mean. It's it ironic that when they are fine we obsess about them chewing, digging, barking etc and when they get sick we dream about them getting better to chew some more.

Go Jak, chew come cords, make us proud LOL