My Beautiful Bree Breeyou

breeLove

In November 2005 Bree was diagnosed with bladder cancer which was inoperable. We made the dicision we would keep her with us as long as she was not in pain, eationg and still able to chase rabbits in the back paddock. We were told she could live from 3 months to a year. We were devastated... I would take her on long walks and cry with the agony of soon not having her. I felt we had this conection she would always make eye contact, she would sit beside me quietly and lean on me when i was sad, she loved to play chasey, she would put her head on my shoulder when i was kneeling weeding she alwys knew shat i was feeling.

Several times throughout 2006 she would have episodes when we thought she was ready to go and then she would improve. Then in January 2007 we decided we would take a much needed holiday.

The early morning when we left, I held her and looked into those loving eyes , and said goodbye, we both knew it would be the last time . She watched me leave.

We had intensive care for her while we were away including a vet that lives next door. I rang half way thru our holidays as i felt something was wrong. She had stopped eating. The vet thought she was fretting all other signs were ok.Then the day we were due to leave she was found unconscious, rushed to the vet, she would not recover, he said i will her keep alive til you get home. She had endured enough. Bree went to sleep under our big gumtree, surrounded by her animal friends Ebony, possum and Mia. She was cuddled and told she was loved by our favourite vet nurse and vet.

We all cried most of the way home from Byron Bay to Geelong. She has her own special garden under the gum tree. I miss her more than words can say. Glenda our vet nurse believes she let herself go while we were away because she knew i was dreading watching her take her last breath. Im so sorry i wasnt there to hold you Bree, i love you.

Edited by breeLove

Hi BreeLove,

I think you meant 2006/2007, not 1996/1997?

A very special sweet girl who had the best life with you and was much loved.

I don't think there is a good way to lose them, it still feels just as empty when they are gone.

Thinking of you.

xxx