Sorry Fellas

Hi all, I am sorry to interupt with something as trivial as a brush for my dog, but I have been buying a grip soft brush to groom him, he is a double coated long hair. The first 'grip soft' brush lasted 3 months, the second one has lasted less than a month, any advice? Where can I get a decant pin brush, I don't mind paying, but really want it to last longer than a month. LOL.

No, the cheaper ones don't last too long, do they. I went through the gripsoft quickly as well.

Try Pet Network I have found the Chris Christensen slickers are great and last for ages, and I also have a Plush Puppy pin brush that is really tough and handles my thick cocker coats well.

No, the cheaper ones don't last too long, do they. I went through the gripsoft quickly as well.

Try Pet Network I have found the Chris Christensen slickers are great and last for ages, and I also have a Plush Puppy pin brush that is really tough and handles my thick cocker coats well.

Thanks Toohey! I certainly can not use a slicker brush. will check out petnetwork, have someone I know who sells Plush Puppy, will also check it out. Thanks for the advice. As I said, I don't mind paying, just want something that does the job without it dying in a month. LOL.

Try a Groomers pin brush. They are from the UK. I love them on the borders, nice long pins and mine has lasted a while with some knotty work being done with it as well.

I think the website for them is www.groomersproducts.com.au

Thanks Toohey! I certainly can not use a slicker brush. will check out petnetwork, have someone I know who sells Plush Puppy, will also check it out. Thanks for the advice. As I said, I don't mind paying, just want something that does the job without it dying in a month. LOL.

Gosh! Toohey! Those Chris Chistensen brushes are bloody expensive aren't they. Well over $50.00 Have to be honest, I don't mind paying, but really would like to know that they work. I reiterate, can't use a slicker on my boy.

Try a Groomers pin brush. They are from the UK. I love them on the borders, nice long pins and mine has lasted a while with some knotty work being done with it as well.

Hi Cath, thanks, I just could not find anything that might suit, maybe I am looking at the wrong site?????

Hi Cath, thanks, I just could not find anything that might suit, maybe I am looking at the wrong site?????

Looked again Cath, couldn't enter the web site. Bugger!

Try here

http://www.groomersproducts.com.au/groomersproducts.htm

Go to the brushes and combs page they are the first items mentioned.

From memory a long pin brush is in the $25 - 30 range.

Groomers tools - developed for maximum comfort through long hours of grooming. Each item features soft gel non slip rubber handles. prices to come

A. Bristle Brush

B. Medium Pin Brush

C. Long Pin Brush

post-2231-1185882566_thumb.jpg

Just an aside, I didn't realise that the Groomer products can be bought online now, so thanks for that link Wylie. Their shampoos and conditioners are the best I have tried, and really well priced also. I have been buying them from show vans.

Wendy, I have had the CC pin brushes and don't recall them being as good as my Plush Puppy has been, but definitely give the groomers ones a try :rofl:

Can I ask what breed you are grooming/

Edited by Toohey

You are more than welcome Toohey.

That is Lynda's website the importer.

They can also be bought from SACA and from Classic Show Supplies in QLD/NNSW.

I too love there products!

I will be down at Melbourne Royal working for Lynda and learning all about the new products that will be launched then.

Just an aside, I didn't realise that the Groomer products can be bought online now, so thanks for that link Wylie. Their shampoos and conditioners are the best I have tried, and really well priced also. I have been buying them from show vans.

Wendy, I have had the CC pin brushes and don't recall them being as good as my Plush Puppy has been, but definitely give the groomers ones a try :rofl:

Can I ask what breed you are grooming/

Hi Toohey, he is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff..... And before you say 'is that all' I have to say, that he has the most coat I have ever seen in his breed, even his breeder who saw him last year said: " How do you handle the coat"? I live in Darwin, and chose him because he had lots of hair, and figured with the heat he would lose it. WRONG!!!!! He has just grown MORE AND MORE hair. International Judges have told me his coat is equal to anything in the world. I would just like a pin brush that would handle daily grooming. I would be pleased not to have to replace the bloody thing every month. I do brush him every night, cause he is a dog and can come and go as he pleases.

Hey Daxhound

Lynda at groomers and Janelle at Classic Show Supplies will both freight.

www.classicshowsupplies.com.au for Janelle

and www.groomersproducts.com.au for Lynda.

Royal jelly Shampoo comes in 500ml, 2.5L and 5L containers.

Its one of the best products out as far as I am concerned.

Just remember to double wash in it and heat blow dry to push the royal jelly into the coat.

Cheers

Try here

Groomers tools - developed for maximum comfort through long hours of grooming. Each item features soft gel non slip rubber handles. prices to come

A. Bristle Brush

B. Medium Pin Brush

C. Long Pin Brush

Thanks Cath, will try again.

Try here

A. Bristle Brush

B. Medium Pin Brush

C. Long Pin Brush

Thanks Cath, will try again.

Well, I can get onto the web site, but can't access any information. Bugger!

hey Wendysdarwin

Are you using a product to dampen the coat down before brushing?

Are you line brushing?

Dampening down the coat and line brushing will both assist you in getting through a thick coat.

Try the Groomers, Groom and Detangle Spray and the Evening Primrose Coat Conditioning spray.

Having groomed a powderpuff on a regular basis with a gorgeous coat they do help heaps.

My Plush Puppy Pin Brush has lasted me nearly 3 years and I reckon it's got another year or 2 left in it! ;) A darn good brush but a little heavy to use in the hand all the time.

So I bought an All Systems brush last year at twice the price of my PP brush and after 8 months, it's totally STUFFED!

I'm looking at the CC brushes now 'cos even though my PP brush is great, I'm after something with long pins. :rofl:

I use a pin bush which is the exact same pin brush Plush Puppy sells, except I get it at half the price :rofl:

Mostly the brushes last 6 months (I have a decent number of dogs in coat, in 2 breeds), which at the money I am spending, is really cost effective. I also don't have to worry if somene steals one! That is always the stress with #1 All Systems, CC or Mason Pearsons - people are very willing to walk off with yours if you don't pay attention.