R.i.p Max

Flashsmum

post-1382-1186147607_thumb.jpgMy Mum and Dad's malmute went to the rainbow bridge early hours of Thursday morning.

My father is overseas and I got a phone call about 2am on Thursday. Mum said Max was having a fit (he suffered from epilepsy) and could I go around and help her get him into the car so he could go to the vet. When I got there, Max was lying on the driveway towards the back of the house, and he was very still. I thought that he might have died, but then thought that his fit had probably ended, and he was just lying still for a moment as he did after fit.

I walked in through the gate, and as soon as I saw Mum, I knew he must have died. It had only just happened and Mum was trying to feel for a heart beat. I tried as well, but he was gone. I rang the vet back to let him know, and both Mum and sat, stunned, just watching Max.

I ended up staying with Mum for the night. We just sat up and talked for the rest of the night.

This dog was rescued by my parents from a family who had gotten this pup, and then never taught it anything. He became too much of a handful, and was virtually uncontrollable when Mum and Dad took him at the age of 7 months. They taught him, loved him and nursed him through pancreatitis and his epilepsy. He was so much loved by my parents, my brother and his family, and DH and I.

R.I.P. Max, we will all miss you forever, and you brought a huge amount of joy and love into our lives. :laugh::o:rofl: :D We will see you on the other side.

Edited by Flashsmum