Raw Carrot For Puppy

malchi_girl

hi everyone we are so new to puppys that we have another question about our charlie. i was told by a friend that a raw carrot would be good for him to chew on? we are having some problems getting him to eat at the moment. how much food should a chihuahua x be eating everyday? he has puppy milk 150mls 3 times a day because he just isnt eating anything we put 1/3 cup of pedigree puppy food in the milk as well which he eventually eats. is this enough food for him? we think he is only eating small amounts but he is a very small dog. we have tried meat rice and vegies and he only had the meat and we tried hills food and he refused please help us thanks

How old is your puppy? My advice would be not to give so much if any puppy milk. Milk is quite filling and being a small dog, he might think he has had enough. You could try some human grade chicken mince, all my pups love it! Try a tablespoon with a little bit of dry food and see how he goes. Mix in a little bit of puppy milk with the dry food to soften it. Gradually increase the amount if he eats it. I wouldn't give him raw carrots to chew on, why not give him a chicken wing or neck (just watch him with it). I don't think the carrot will hurt, but soft bones are much better for dogs teeth, also soft brisket bones are great for young pups as well. My butcher cuts them into the sizes I want, smaller for littlies and bigger for the adults.

I haven't seen a puppy pass up chicken mince yet. If he likes it, gradually introduce some beef mince if you like. Being a little pup, 1 tablespoon or so of mince with a small handful of dry biscuits 3 times a day should be enough. I also add natural yohurt & cottage cheese to my pups diet, just a little each day with the mince. You can add veges once his appetite is strong and he is eating well. As well as sardines & an egg occasionally.