Worming

Griffo

okay i did a topic search, that just confused me more...

my dog gets the yearly heartworm injection.

we live in an area prone to paralysis ticks and for that i use advantix every 2 weeks during summer.

now what i need is a general wormer for everything else. most general wormers include a heartwormer and since she gets the injection and is already covered for heart worm, i'm not sure whether it is ok to give her more?

I buy from pricelesspets.com.au....if there is a product they provide on there i would much prefer to buy that, since i am ordering from there already....

can anyone please help me!!!

thanks heaps in advance!!

rachelle & ellie

I've actually found most wormers don't include heartworm.

I used Drontal as my 3 monthly wormer and then I use heartgard for heartworm.

edited to add - Im not sure if its heartgard, but its one of those for heartworm

Edited by wagsalot

If you're after an intestinal wormer from Priceless Pets they offer two options.

Paratak Plus Allwormer

- one tablet per 10kg

- roundworms (Toxocara spp, Toxascaris leonina), hookworms (Uncinaria stenocephala, Anclostoma spp), whipworms (Trichuris vulpis) and all tapeworms (Taenia spp, Dipylidium caninum, Spirometra erinacei and Echinococcus granulosus)

Drontal Allwormer Chewables

- one chewable per 10kg

- Roundworms, Hookworms, Whipworms and Tapeworms (Echinococcus granulosus - Hydatid tapeworms), (Dipylidium caninum – common flea tapeworm) (Taenia spp., Taenia ovis, T. pisiformis, T. hydatigena). Also aids in the control of shedding oocysts of the protozoan Giardia spp in dogs.