Sada

:hug: SADA

What a wonderful team of dedicated trainers, handlers and helpers (in their various functions). The dogs equally amazing.

I bow before you all.

The SADA group would never sing about themselves, but if anyone is interested they will be on the Channel 7 and 9 news tonight.

Here is a link to the article in The Age.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/09/...8783363547.html

WHAT A TEAM!!!!!!.

A terrible tragedy for the family involved. My thoughts are also with them.

I added this thread, so we can clap our hands to SADA, who have given so much of themselves, freely, in every respect.

Many thanks for your kind words. This year has been the best year for us with regard to recognition of the value of the sardog in an emergency rescue operation....and yaay Cin, a major coup to be called out.

Whilst the deployment activity of the past two days was not to 'rescue' as such, it was a very hard task asked of our dogs given the fact that we do not train the dogs to detect human remains.

Having said that and how badly burnt the remains were, the time frame of change of scent from live bacteria to cadaver is around 36 hours so we were boardering on the inevitable result. The challenge put in front of the dogs was extremely high and at times dangerous but we (and the dogs) know our boundaries and we would not put them in a high risk situation.

The victim is now listed as a missing person.

After completing our Urban Search & Rescue Category 1 certification back in May, the MFB, CFA and SES became aware of the unique ability the dogs have to search a disaster site accurately and efficiently and for this reason we are now on the K9 data base (Australia wide) to be called to a disaster.

As I have posted recently we have Tom Middlemas arriving in a week to conduct a 3 week training course where he will be also testing and up-grading the operational sardogs to continue their International accreditation. We have been able to secure the use of the whole of the Yallourn Power Station for a 5-day workshop, the CFA Training Grounds at Carrum Downs where we are conducting testing and demonstration for emergency service personnel and police emergency service personnel (dog squad) and for building search we have the use of the empty Royal Melb. Hospital Psych. wing. Other areas for individual testing have been secured around Melb. metro and outer suburbs.

Onwards and upwards - you guys have been putting in a mammoth effort for years and really deserve any and all recognition that you get

I look forward to seeing you in newspapers :rofl:

(p.s julie - my email system crashed badly - i've been sending out emails but not getting responses back :rolleyes: . I've emailed you a heap!!)

Many thanks for your kind words. This year has been the best year for us with regard to recognition of the value of the sardog in an emergency rescue operation....and yaay Cin, a major coup to be called out.

Whilst the deployment activity of the past two days was not to 'rescue' as such, it was a very hard task asked of our dogs given the fact that we do not train the dogs to detect human remains.

Having said that and how badly burnt the remains were, the time frame of change of scent from live bacteria to cadaver is around 36 hours so we were boardering on the inevitable result. The challenge put in front of the dogs was extremely high and at times dangerous but we (and the dogs) know our boundaries and we would not put them in a high risk situation.

The victim is now listed as a missing person.

After completing our Urban Search & Rescue Category 1 certification back in May, the MFB, CFA and SES became aware of the unique ability the dogs have to search a disaster site accurately and efficiently and for this reason we are now on the K9 data base (Australia wide) to be called to a disaster.

As I have posted recently we have Tom Middlemas arriving in a week to conduct a 3 week training course where he will be also testing and up-grading the operational sardogs to continue their International accreditation. We have been able to secure the use of the whole of the Yallourn Power Station for a 5-day workshop, the CFA Training Grounds at Carrum Downs where we are conducting testing and demonstration for emergency service personnel and police emergency service personnel (dog squad) and for building search we have the use of the empty Royal Melb. Hospital Psych. wing. Other areas for individual testing have been secured around Melb. metro and outer suburbs.

Hi Julie, what a fabulous job you guys do. It is just amazing the time and effort you all put in to this valuable service. :rolleyes: Not long now till Tom arrives you must be so excited, say hi to him for me we have been having some great conversations. :(