Dog Clubs In North Brisbane (pine Rivers, Caboolture...)

:eek: OMG! No way I would allow anybody to do that to my Weimaraner or any other dog for that matter! :eek:

That's why I want to go to all these trainings and have a look BEFORE the puppy arrives.

That's very wise go and check them out first. I can't say on a PG forum what I thought about it when I saw it.

ETA I should add that it's not the vets who do the training it's contracted out to a company.

Edited by Risky

I've trained my older dog Hera in Townsville and that was alright. I then moved and we did some training in Brisbane (southside as I was studying at Griffith) and then moved to Gladstone where we did agility with a private Club. Hera is a cross breed so I couldn't trial her here (man, she was good!). I then moved to Germany and over there it's allowed to compete with a dog without papers. The first class I went to was one which has been recommended to me. The guy who runs it was also the guy to temperament test the dogs after incidents and decided if they have to wear muzzles when going out. We arrived there and about 20-25 offleash rather large (Hera is a Kelpie X) dogs approached us and wanted to check Hera out. She didn't like it, growled and was trying to hide in a shed. "Ah, an aggressive dog", the guy (= trainer) said. I should have left then but I thought "I show you moron what a great dog she is". We then started classes and they were large classes! There was a GSD who obviously had some dominance issues and the owner had quite a few problems just hanging on to him. The situation of the dog was explained but I cannot recall it. Anyway, the GSD always walked to far in front when being heeled. So we were all standing there with our dogs sitting next to us watching how the trainer took the GSD to heel. Whenever the GSD was too far in front, the trainer kicked him with his boot in the chest! :happydance: I was looking at this in complete disbelieve! I then that aloud for everybody to hear "Come Hera, we go home. We don't need a concentration camp for dogs." and of we went. For people who are not familiar with the German history: You never ever mention Jews, concentration camps, A.H., the 2nd WW ect - it's worse than showing off bombs at the airport believe me!

So this 'trainer'-moron was coming after us, screaming abuse and threatening me he would declare my dog as dangerous as it growled at the other dogs. I cannot really repeat here what I've told him but I made sure he will no longer do any training! I then went to a GSD Club who mainly did Schutzhund. Hera won her Schutzhund title there and I gave classes in agility and Rally O.