Home Behaviour Training

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help. We have a problem with our Border Collie who was teased by the kids next door, and he now doesnt like children! So we have to get this fixed.

Looking at getting in a behaviourist and wondering if any of you Brissie people had any recommendations.

I've contacted

Val Bonney - Bonnies Dog Obedience

Bark Busters,

and The Paw Man.

If anyone can tell me who is the best to use, and not too expensive, that would be much appreciated.

We need to sort out this problem before he gets any worse.

Thanks in advance !

Hi C&Z

we had friends who used Bark Busters with a Terrier who was just naughty (not biting, but not trained) and they were happy. I've also heard much praise for Val Bonney but haven't used any of them myself. Haven't heard of the Paw Man before, so can't help there.

cheers and good luck

Tali

HI again C&Z

I've sent you a PM that might help - I imagine training might have been a bit quiet with school hols - we'll be back this week though; haven't done much work with Jess this week - so we'll have to catch up a bit!

see you there

Tali!

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help. We have a problem with our Border Collie who was teased by the kids next door, and he now doesnt like children! So we have to get this fixed.

Looking at getting in a behaviourist and wondering if any of you Brissie people had any recommendations.

I've contacted

Val Bonney - Bonnies Dog Obedience

Bark Busters,

and The Paw Man.

If anyone can tell me who is the best to use, and not too expensive, that would be much appreciated.

We need to sort out this problem before he gets any worse.

Thanks in advance !

I have heard alright things about Val Bonney but I cannot recommend her personally.

I would stay FAR FAR away from any chain companies like Bark busters because they are all owned by different people and IMO you can't recommend a trainer based on a company's reputation - that and Bark Busters aren't properly trained and have no idea what they are doing. I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

I used an amazing behaviourist for my dog Micha, her name is Jane Harper. I'll PM you her details if you like :laugh:

ETA: Steve from K9 Force (above) recommended me to her and I am forever grateful!!!!

Edited by husky87