Puppy Spots

Nargle

Is there any particular brand of cleaner that works best at cleaning up all those puppy spots during potty training? I know it's very important to get rid of the smell, otherwise they'll keep using that spot?

I've looked up several brands but they all claim to be the best. Which naturally doesn't help me at all.

So what do you guys recommend for cleaning products?

The first product I used was Pet SOX it was from petbarn. It was pricey but great, completely removed stains and odour and had no odour of its own (is an enzyme spray). I decided to try a cheaper product also from per barn second time around but I dont like it as much. It doesn't remove the stain as well plus has a scent to it that smells like cheap toilet deoderiser...if you have bad stains I'd fork out for the first, worth the $$ IMO. Of course if you dont mind being persistent (returning a few times to stain) you could just use vinegar.

We've been using diluted disinfectant and then spray over the general area with that quick drying carpet foam (the non-toxic pet friendly stuff!) to help disguise the smell. Like some others have mentioned there's special cleaners out there, fortunately we haven't needed to go that far...so far the detergent has been enough..fingers crossed!

I have several rags cut out of some old towels, I grab a couple of dry ones to soak it up then I get hot soapy water give it a scrub, I then sprinkle Bi Carb over top, and rub it in again, the bicarb neutralises the smell, no stain, no smell.

My personal opinion, I wouldnt use disinfectant, I use to, but was informed not to, as it contains amonia which is in their urine, which apparantly sends mixed messages for pup to go back to and wee.

Give Bi carb a go, its cheap, you only need a little.

i recently researched the same issue

seems like vets can buy some product ( makes sense) ..from memory it was a co in perth so ask ur vet

apparently biozet washing powder breaks down the urine

urine has a few parts to it and the hardest bit to break down is the one that dogs can smell and we cant so using disinfectants doesnt work it seems

ive been using biozet ..i wish i could ask the dogs how its working lol!