Fussy Eater

KittyCat

I have Jorja on Royal Canin Junoir as that's what she was being fed at the shelter and she is doing very well on it (I did try her on advance and she liked it a lot but her stools weren't as good as when on RC)

Recently has she developed a fussy habit which im not too impressed about! She was treated to a serving of rice with vegies and left over scotch fillet with the juices drizzled over and since then she will only eat her RC if I drizzle some diluted Vegemite over it :laugh:

I'm not really sure if I am doing the right thing by giving her vegemite with her food but I don't really know what else to do. I also tried a bit of beef stock cube but she prefers the vegemite.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :laugh:

If she does not eat what she is given, then take it away and give it to her for her next meal. She will eat whatever she is given if she is hungry.....Don't worry, she won't starve in the meantime!

I had this problem with my dog, he just wouldn't eat, so I would just pick up the bowl, cover it, and put it in the fridge and give it to him for dinner. He got the picture!

I agree.

My dog tried this one on me, except he only wanted raw food :laugh:.

It's only natural that they'd want something tastier than kibble, but kibble is fine!

I did the same as MyMontage and kept giving him back the same food later. Took only a couple of days for him to get the message and no problems since. Naturally if I gave him a choice, he'd want the raw stuff :laugh:.

An otherwise healthy dog will not starve itself and less food (if they choose) while they get the idea does no harm at all.

Yeah sometimes my dog can be fussy.. So i always mix the kibble into the food other wise we works his way around it..

Why not try sardines in oil? i buy the home brand ones i think they r about $1.30 for 3 of them.. I tip most of the oil out but i also put it all over the kibble..

I give my dogs 15 mins to eat there food, if its not eating it goes back in the fridge for the next day..