Herding School

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good herding school in Vic that trained on a regular basis. I have contacted a few but have not got a reply back from eaither of them. Any information would be great, my girls have started herding but our herding school has closed down for the summer months while they change over sheep and as it is in northern vic it gets to hot to train. If anyone knows of anything closer to Melbourne your information would be of great help

Thanks

Did you contact Four Paws K9 Training? Google (sorry .... on my way out so no time to put link up here for you) for the web-site, or PM Kelpie-i here on DOL for info. The hearding workshops and lessons are conducted at Diggers Rest.

There is another down Gippsland way (Welshpool) .... Paul. Kelpie-i would be able to give you info for that too if that is closer to you.

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good herding school in Vic that trained on a regular basis. I have contacted a few but have not got a reply back from eaither of them. Any information would be great, my girls have started herding but our herding school has closed down for the summer months while they change over sheep and as it is in northern vic it gets to hot to train. If anyone knows of anything closer to Melbourne your information would be of great help

Thanks

Contact the werribee obedience dog club as several of there members herd.

They would proberly put you in contact with who thet train with.

They have a web site.

Since moving to the country, HG lives like the Armish.....no internet, no email, I'm surprised he has electricity and gas out there... :)

Isn't that a bicycle I saw, attached to the generator ..... for the purposes of these city luxuries?????

HG - is your bathtub out near the windmill, like it is in "McLeod's Daughters"?

Oh ..... :p :laugh: ...................... do you have TV even to be able to answer this question???

:eek:

Never mind, you just keep on churning that milk for butter, and spinning the wool from your sheep's backs for your clothing. :p

PS ..... Actually, I'd love some fresh milk and home spun wool. So much nicer than we city folk have :eek:. I'm a tad envious of country living folk sometimes (but not always :eek:).

Isn't that a bicycle I saw, attached to the generator ..... for the purposes of these city luxuries?????

HG - is your bathtub out near the windmill, like it is in "McLeod's Daughters"?

Oh ..... ...................... do you have TV even to be able to answer this question???

Never mind, you just keep on churning that milk for butter, and spinning the wool from your sheep's backs for your clothing.

PS ..... Actually, I'd love some fresh milk and home spun wool. So much nicer than we city folk have . I'm a tad envious of country living folk sometimes (but not always ).

:laugh::)

The only way I can contact him is by way of smoke signal.....it's a real bugger on a windy day! Tells me his missed the "call".

The only way I can contact him is by way of smoke signal.....it's a real bugger on a windy day! Tells me his missed the "call".

:) Kelpie-i ...... when you can't reach by 'smoke', you need to resort to good ol' fashioned 'drums'. :laugh: