My Puppy Has Irritated Eyes And Her Third Eyelid Is Showing

I know its not cherry eye (well, not yet anyway) but at the moment the vet has me putting drops in her eyes 3-4 times a day for the next few weeks.

I know that if this doesn't fix it she will probably need surgery, just wondering if anybody had a pup that had it clear up without the surgery?

post-20342-1191842641_thumb.jpg

vet said her eye is just irritated and to put in Chlorasone drops.

Why would she need surgery for that? Do you mean chloromycetin drops?

Do you know what might be causing the irritation? It would be better to try and treat the cause rather than just the symptoms :mad

The vet looked in her eyes and didn't see anything to indicate it was entropion. I have searched the internet for an image that looks like my pup but they are all very gross pics of dogs with glands hanging out of their eyes and she is only showing a little of her third eyelids at this stage. The drops are definately Chlorasone ("for treatment of susceptible eye infections, ulcers, scratches, allergies and other conditions").

I work in a pet supply shop so i have been asking around if anybody has had a similar experience and our Rogz rep said her puppy had it from 8 weeks when she got him but that it cleared up after about 4 months.

I just want to make sure there is not anything else i could be doing for her..... she isn't rubbing them anymore and most of the time they do look less red but im still worried :rofl:

thank you for helping

Hi

We had the same thing with our pup, they seemed to think it was an allergy, he scratched at it alot, and had a course of antiobiotic ointment as he had aggrevated his lower eyelids.

3 months later we religiously bath it 2-3 times per day in cammomile tea. Seems to work a treat & has really cleared it up.