Eagle Pack Dog Food

Chipper

I currently feed Royal Canin GSD and am pretty happy with it. Only problem is that Duke puts weight on just by the smell of food, so he only gets a small quantity of food a day. I do feed him chicken necks and RMB but i was just wondering about Eagle Pack.

I have seen quite a few people on this board recommend it. How does it rate next to Roayl Canin? And where do you guys get it from. The two Pet Stores I have been to don't stock it.

thanks.

there are a few varieties of eagle pack, holistic and regular, but all have loads of added supplements (glucosamine, omega oils etc). they have high dehydrated meat content ( i think that's how you say it!) and no meat by-products.

i have a whippet and i feed her the purple bag eagle pack (lamb), chicken necks, veges, bones etc. she does really well on it and her overall health is fantastic. from coat condition to energy levels it's very good.

i think royal canin is up there in terms of quality dry food so if it's working for your dog just give smaller quantities. GSD's tend to drop and put on weight a lot though, don't they? GSD people will probably give you more specific opinions.

Edited by monosylabik

I find Eagle Pack is better than Royal Canin, better ingredients and less fillers and additives, especially the Holistic line -

Gomez eats the fish version and does very well on it -

I'm in Sydney and just ordered some from www.pookinuk.com.au

I found they have the best prices and cheapest delivery -

I have never used Royal Canin so can't give you a comparison but I feed the lamb Eagle Pack (natural formula) and find that it is a good compliment to RMB's or BARF patties.

I feed the holistic range through winter, then switch back to natural in the summer if I need to take weight off my dogs so the natural would probably suit your Shepherd very well.

Mel. :thumbsup:

I only just bought some Eagle Pack to tempt a bitch with puppies to eat. Seems a nice food but its NOT cheap! I got it from Healthy Pet Foods at Castle Hill, if that helps.

ETA - I just had a look at http://www.pookinuk.com.au and they are dearer than I got mine for. Oh and Pets On The Park also sell it, and they do free delivery if you are local (Hills District) http://www.petsonthepark.com.au/category108_1.htm

Edited by Rysup

Our 3 have been on it for around 8 months now, We are really glad we got them onto it.

We get ours from Petdeli.com.au, We havnt had a problem with them you just put your order through and its normally delivered a day or two later its also good cause we buy the 18kg bag so no heavy lifting into the car.