My Bubbas Got An Ear Infection

Bindi has an ear infection and she's feelin sorry for herself. I checked her ears the other day and thought that hmmm thats a strange colour, well I cleaned them and swabbed her ears out. Checked her ears out the following morning spoke to the vet and said if there is still gunk in her ears bring her down to be checked out. Yesterday morning well her ear must have been driving her nuts she had her lil paw inside her ear scratching away, and shaking her head like crazy. A quick call to vet when they opened, made appointment yesterday arvo and she has an ear infection poor lil mite and now has some antibiotic drops.

The colour of the gunk that came out was very similar to umm how would you say it with out turning anyone off. Well it was a similar colour to vegemite with a bit of butter mixed in.

Poor Bindi!

Did hte vet test for a yeast infection?

Mitchi had one of those and she was so out of sorts for about a week. Really crook, had a temperature, was shivering and sad.

Tabkets and drops helped her, the infection had gotten so bad that her ear canal had ulcerated.

Make sure you sppoil her a little.

yeah she took a swab and looked at it and the vet said it was bacterial.

I'm not use to this sorta thing as it's been 20 yrs since my last pet, but since having Bindi I'm relearning all over again.

The other thing she said was that Bindi is just a tad over weight.

oh Kristie it's awful when they're not well, I hope your Mitchi is well and over it now.

Edited by mrsgrumblebum