Cleaning Products

Leema

I'm expecting a new puppy and, though hopefully I won't have any accidents, I'd like to be prepared.

Are there any recommended products for making any toileted spots not smelling so attractive?

Mac likes to mark everything as it is, I don't think he'd be able to resist the temptation. :confused:

Hi, I am not exactly sure if you are meaning that you dont want the puppy to repeat the accident in the same spot, or you want to remove the smell, but I have a book that indicatates that white vinegar mixed with a little water in a spray bottle both removes the smell and the stain of dog urine.

I haven't had to try it, but have always kept it in mind, as I have purchased the commercial "urine off" and found it not so effective, but that was a long time ago.

Best wishes

Debbi

I want to remove the smell so the pup doesn't return to the same spot. Not so worried about me smelling it. :cry:

I have used diluted white vinegar before but I have either not done it well enough or it hasn't worked. :angel:

Thanks for your reply, Debbi. :cry:

Edited by Leema

i use biozet the washing powder to wash the tiles and any accidents

i stumbled on this info on the net when i googled for getting rid of urine and learnt that many products dont get rid of the one component of urine that lingers even after we have treated it

so be wary of carpet cleaning companies too ...theyll be adamant that they can deodorise etc but u need one of those lights that reveal where the urine remains....

ask ur vet too ..he may be able to point u to a company thatd be willing to sell u something or at least give u a retail outlet/product

good luck!!!

I found the Biozet works really well too and thats all I use if need be on the mats.

I have floorboards and just use vinegar on them, I use it straight and buy the big two litre homebrand bottles so it isnt expensive to be heavy handed.

We have had a few marks on the carpet as well, whether they have actually been dog/urine related I'm unsure but they have been turning up ever since we brought Fraser home.

We have used a few products, Preen for Carpets did not seem to do anything at all to help. We used an Industrial Strength Puppy Cleaner that we purchased from Pets@Home (Pets Paradise also have it), I don't remember the exact name but it was in a yellow bottle and it seemed to work for instant stains and removal of them.

For any stains that have been there for a while (unfortunately a few in our place!) I picked up Carpet Power the other day from the Supermarket, it's made by the same mob that do Shower Power - OzKleen? - and I have used it on the carpet near the front door and it has brought up the stains. It has not seemed to discolour the carpet at all and after a day or two the fabric in the carpet has come back to normal, it seemed a bit 'puffy' to begin with.

Best of luck!