Bone Grinder?

Hi All,

Another BARF related thread - where can I get a grinder capable of grinding chicken bones and/or brisket (lamb or beef) in the sydney area?

I have had a look around but cannot find any - they are usually meat only grinders not capable of grinding bone...

Thanks

A.

Unless your prepared to spend a several hundred dollars for a good one, just ask the butchers to grind it up for you, they don't usually don't mind.

Do a google search for a commercial meat grinder.

Edited by Lisa M

Is that a GSD puppy? If so, you may be better off with a heavy meat cleaver than a grinder.

Commercial grinders are big bucks . . . the heavy bone grinders start at about $14k (at least that's what I found when I thought about getting one) and most are three phase. Little ones are a pain in the arse to clean and may pack it in on brisket bones. Largish dogs have built in grinders.

Is that a GSD puppy? If so, you may be better off with a heavy meat cleaver than a grinder.

Commercial grinders are big bucks . . . the heavy bone grinders start at about $14k (at least that's what I found when I thought about getting one) and most are three phase. Little ones are a pain in the arse to clean and may pack it in on brisket bones. Largish dogs have built in grinders.

:) Yep, she is a GSD and guess she does have built in grinders...

$14k that's cheap, might get two then.. :thumbsup:

Will need to find a nice butchers...

Thanks