Um . . . Not Quite What I Had In Mind!

WinGus

Thought I'd introduce Pepper to a new game - find the treat. I took three foam cups (the only cups I had that weren't clear and could easily be tipped over), showed her the cups and the treat, put the treat under one of the cups and proceeded to ask her where the treat was.

Obviously my expectations were a little too high in that I thought she'd find the treat. Instead, she knocked over the cup closest to her, sniffed it a little, then picked it up in her mouth and ran away with it - her new toy!!!!

:laugh::rofl::clap: ;) :)

Oh well, back to the drawing board!!!

Thought I'd introduce Pepper to a new game - find the treat. I took three foam cups (the only cups I had that weren't clear and could easily be tipped over), showed her the cups and the treat, put the treat under one of the cups and proceeded to ask her where the treat was.

Obviously my expectations were a little too high in that I thought she'd find the treat. Instead, she knocked over the cup closest to her, sniffed it a little, then picked it up in her mouth and ran away with it - her new toy!!!!

:laugh::rofl::clap: ;) :)

Oh well, back to the drawing board!!!

WinGus, put a whole in each of the cups at the bottom, put the treat to begin with in the cup furthest away from you and the pup. You show and point to the cup nearest you first and ask the puppy to find. Then do the same with the second cup not letting the pup spend to long on each cup smelling it. Then move to the last cup the pup will smell the treat and paw at the cup you say good puppy find it and it will. Next time put it in the middle cup and start again. You have to point to the cups initially, and never put it under the same cup twice. Once your puppy is good at this part you can start to send and find.

This is a great game and I used to teach it in puppy classes when I did them.

Edited by pinnacle dts

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:

Pups are such fun ..... :rolleyes: