Training Treats

I use...

BBQ chicken

Norskgra's Liver bread recipe

ANY form of meat chopped up

Cheese

Sausage

Fritz

Dried liver treats (although these are not as high value it seems... soft treats seem better)

anything she likes!!! but most often it is chicken, cheese or chopped meat.

I use lots of different to keep things high value. Cheese, kabana, frankfurts, whatever I can in moderation. Those cool treats are good but not easy to find where I live. Liver is a favourite but gut problems afterwards too LOL. My dog's faves are:

KANGA BANGAS - the human grade kangaroo sausages from the supermarket. They are better health-wise than regular snags too. They have less fat, more protein, less spices I notice. All these things have onion powder in them which we have to be careful with.

SPAM - yep, not the healthiest, full of fat and salt but has the great advantage of being very soft and easy for her to swallow and she loves it because it's full of fat and salt. So a treat for trial days especially. Better than devon cut up I think anyway - less onion powder and in a tin so less preservatives.

Try making your own little mince balls too with good quality people mince (that's beef, not actual PEOPLE LOL). You can microwave them until they're rubbery. I don't do it often but the dog loves it :thumbsup:

We use any easily cut up leftovers, snags, meatballs, rissoles, ham and chicken roll, plain chicken roll, and if we can get it, VIP dog roll. The Pet Cafe in brissy sometimes have sample VIP roles they give away for free. It's fantastic and saves buying a massive role that you have to throw half away. We used to use the liver treats but Buffy doesn't chew her treats so they kind of gagged her. And anything biscuity has to be chewed well, so we've found them not good for us. Haven't tried cheese yet, but have heard it's a good one.