Dryers

ishka

Hi all,

I am looking at buying a stand dryer and after speaking to a few people the 2 brands that have seemed to be the most highly recommended are simpson and beacon.

I have had a bit of look around on the net and found suppliers overseas but I was wondering if anyone here knows of any Australian suppliers?

Cheers,

Ishka

Melbourne Dog Center in Rosebud , Victoria - Mine is fantastic, you can turn it up or down which is great for the face, nervous dogs and puppies.. Heat on or off. Not cheep but this is worth it.

Liberty in Sommerville /Langwarrin, Victoria - They make a few different driers so worth checking them out too. I also have one of their driers. They make them with or with out heat - Mine doesn't have heat in the model that I bought, but it is a big blower which is great for blasting the crap out of heavily shedding dogs which saves a lot of elbow grease.

I am pleased with both driers even though there is a big difference with them. Just out of interest both are around 5 yrs old and I use the MDC the most. The LIberty one was around $900 at the time and the MDC was over $1300. I would buy both brands again.

I have seen cheaper driers on the market and have no idea how they compare.

If you plan of grooming dogs as a business, trust me if one goes it is GREAT having a back up. Worth saving up for the second one. (I have done both elements in the drier and it was a Sunday - of course)

Are you after a "fluff dryer" or a "forced air dryer". The beacon dryer is a fluff dryer and has a brushless motor, this makes it quiet and there is less maintenance. The Melbourne Dog centre dry is a forced air dryer and it has a brush type universal motor and is noisier.