Whiteheads!

ruthless

Angel gets bad skin at this time of year so we're trying her on Polaramine. In the last few weeks she's started getting whiteheads all over her tummy and underarms. It doesn't seem to be bothering her but I'll prob take her to the vets this week anyway. Just wondering if anyone else has ever come across that before?

The greyhounds get blackheads too. I think I remember a GAP lady saying that they get them from laying on concrete?

By white heads, do you mean the little pimples that look like what we would get on our faces? And they are ringed in red? My old bloke gets something that looks like that occassionally, and I just keep the area really clean and put savlon on them; seems to clear them up. If they look really pussy, I knock the top off with a steralized needle first. I have no idea why he gets them tho :/ Usually around the groin area...

My inlaws american bulldog had generalised demodectic mange this time last year and a reoccurence 6 mths later - very bad and was close to being put down because of it - as it was breaking out it looked like whiteheads - her underside was totally white and the whiteheads covered the whole of her underside. STILL can't work out how to post pics on here so can email pics of them to you if you want......

The greyhounds get blackheads too. I think I remember a GAP lady saying that they get them from laying on concrete?

By white heads, do you mean the little pimples that look like what we would get on our faces? And they are ringed in red? My old bloke gets something that looks like that occassionally, and I just keep the area really clean and put savlon on them; seems to clear them up. If they look really pussy, I knock the top off with a steralized needle first. I have no idea why he gets them tho :/ Usually around the groin area...

Yeah, sounds the same. They're only very small. We squeeze them :rofl:

My inlaws american bulldog had generalised demodectic mange this time last year and a reoccurence 6 mths later - very bad and was close to being put down because of it - as it was breaking out it looked like whiteheads - her underside was totally white and the whiteheads covered the whole of her underside. STILL can't work out how to post pics on here so can email pics of them to you if you want......

That'd be great, thanks, I'll PM you my email address. Hope it's not what Angel has :)

Sound like pustules. May mean a mild bacterial infection, which is common in dogs with bad skin. The natural barriers are broken from the itching/licking and the bacteria that usually live on the skin can get in and overgrow. Washing with a mild medicated shampoo might help.