Elderly Maltese Dog Is Constantly Sneezing

ebj

Has anyone tried herbal remedies in treating a dog who has a stuffed up nose and is sneezes at least 5 times every half hour. The sneeze is very snotty. We have been to the vet and had various medications, an xray which showed a lump on his nose. He then had a biopsy which proved to be just a thick tissue on his nose. The vet has no idea what to do next and wants to send him off to the university for them to do more tests. I have lost faith with the vets and would like to try homeopathy or herbal remedies. Any ideas?

I had a dog like this as a foster - she blew snot everywhere all day every day .... Thought I'd have her forever. THey thought she had a serious condition but the biopsy revealed it was allergies. (Uni of Sydney did it and were excellent).

She was on antihistamines but they recommended a home away from the bush (I'm nearby). I found a home in the inner city which was ideal and the new owner didn't care about the snot, as long as she was housetrained. She was so much better there, far less snot emissions.

I had a dog like this as a foster - she blew snot everywhere all day every day .... Thought I'd have her forever. THey thought she had a serious condition but the biopsy revealed it was allergies. (Uni of Sydney did it and were excellent).

She was on antihistamines but they recommended a home away from the bush (I'm nearby). I found a home in the inner city which was ideal and the new owner didn't care about the snot, as long as she was housetrained. She was so much better thjjjjere, far less snot emissions.

We don't live near the bush but I do have a dutch elm and a couple of native trees. We have lived in this house and area since 2001 and never had this problem before.

Edited by ebj