Herding In Sutherland Area

Hi I have been thinking about renting some land south of sutherland to do some herdding. Ofcoarse I would have to buy some sheep as well and feed them. Is anyone interested in this. More to the point is anyone willing to pitch in?

A group of us are thinking of doing the same thing, just out of Sydney. You need more than just land and sheep. If you are only just starting (I saw you had posted you would like to try herding it a month ago) you will need a round yard or a small square yard until your dogs has a stop and sides and good control. You also need dogbroken sheep to learn on.

I can PM you the name of someone who herds with GSD down your way and may be able to help with your training.

Edited by Janba

Thanks allways keen for a bit of herding. I have been training with pat Smith out in pickton and will continue with her but I need somewhere closer to work as well. Where are you guys loking?

Hi I have been thinking about renting some land south of sutherland to do some herdding. Ofcoarse I would have to buy some sheep as well and feed them. Is anyone interested in this. More to the point is anyone willing to pitch in?

A group of us are thinking of doing the same thing, just out of Sydney. You need more than just land and sheep. If you are only just starting (I saw you had posted you would like to try herding it a month ago) you will need a round yard or a small square yard until your dogs has a stop and sides and good control. You also need dogbroken sheep to learn on.

I can PM you the name of someone who herds with GSD down your way and may be able to help with your training.

Edited by sasjeep

• 2 weeks later...