Pooping And Pee'ing In The Wrong Place!

Hi all ,I have a fairly large area of nice new pavers in my back yard, they were only just laid last week. I also have the side of my house where there is dirt and sandstone stepping blocks. Now, the majority of time my two year old staffy ebony does her one’s and two’s down the side of the house, but since the pavers have gone down she is peeing and pooping on them on a daily basis!

My question is - if I don’t catch her in the act, how do I let her know it’s a bad thing to do it on the pavers?

Any other advise is very welcome!

thanks!

You need to make it look like the living area and not a toilet. Move everything in your yard: dog bowls, water, your chairs and table, picnic rug whatever, and plonk it all over the paving. Then use it as a seating area - sit with a book, have your cofee etc. This is the easiest way to show the dog the pavers aren't their new toilet. You don't have to do this forever but just till your staffy learns what the new pavers are for.

Have fun :)

BP

Is it possible to build a temporary fence around the new pavers? New pavers cool. I need new carpet, ........and lino too. LOL.

Did your dog used to toilet in the area where the new pavers were laid?

She did occasionally, but now we have the new pavers I don't want her doing it there at all! :thumbsup: I may just have to get her on dry food 100% of the time so it's easier to clean up! :)

Is it possible to build a temporary fence around the new pavers? New pavers cool. I need new carpet, ........and lino too. LOL.

Did your dog used to toilet in the area where the new pavers were laid?

She did occasionally, but now we have the new pavers I don't want her doing it there at all! :thumbsup: I may just have to get her on dry food 100% of the time so it's easier to clean up! :)

Control where she toilets. For some probable totally useless information LOL, dog food manufacturers, when quality controlling etc a new line, monitor size, shape and firmness of excrement - aiming for consistency. What a subject!!!! Oh well, its Friday.

way too much paving in yards these days :rolleyes:

She will get the idea and it might help to get a friends male dog on lead to pee where you want your girl to go, sometimes that works. Your girl will then go and cover the pee, worth a try.

Someone on here a few years ago had a great recipe for cleaning and removing smell from pavers. I used it when my dog was locked in the patio area for a few days when we moved to a new place till the fences were sorted. I know it was cheap mouthwash, washing up liquid and lemon ammonia but can't remember the quantities. It was mixed together in a 10 litre bucket of water and then I scrubbed the pavers, smell gone, marks gone it worked.

Edited by Rusky