Remembering The Aussie Dog

Dog_Horse_Girl

Aussie was my ACD x Staffordshire BT who died aged 13.5 yrs on 27 December 2001. He was the first dog I had that was 'just mine', the previous dogs I'd had were family dogs.

Aussie was a great dog - a true-blue bloke that liked a run on the beach, fetching a ball (bringing it back wasn't high on his agenda though! :laugh: ), piddling on everything, good tucker (no wait, anything that may have once resembled food!), and hanging out with his humans. He saw me through some difficult times and was there when things were good too. He didn't ask for much but gave me so much love and devotion...as long as there was a game and a pat at the end of the day, he was happy.

In his final year, he developed canine dementia, a touch of arthritis, a dodgy heart, and assorted minor ailments. He became smelly, forgetful and started toileting inside the house. He also stopped coming when called and started sleeping in his kennel despite the fact that he hadn't used it for years AND it was stood on its end to discourage him from using it (we were worried about spiders at that stage, and he wouldn't leave the kennel once he got in there).

Aussie, you were a good friend. Steve and I both miss you and hope to meet you at the Rainbow Bridge when the time is right. Have fun over there and remember, "We love you, Aussie-Boy!". :cool:

Thats a beautiful tribute to a dog you obviously loved( and still do ) very much. I dont look forward to letting my oldest go who is now 12 and starting to have 'multiple medical problems' . It's so nice to see how close they are still in your memories after so long.

• 1 month later...