So Many Different Breeds......

Mrsdog

Guest Piximatosis

MrsDog, where and when do you train? I would like to do Flyball with Finta (JRT) when she is older, she's only 4 months old atm though. Does your club do any puppy foundation training?

Holly would also LOVE to do flyball...!!

I'm with Sutherland Shire Dog Training Club and our training fields are just past the swimming pool on the Old Princes Highway, Sutherland. (Waratah Park). Obedience is Sunday morning, Monday and Wednesday evenings. Agility beginners Monday evening 7pm and Wednesday evening for triallers (already competing). Flyball is Monday evening 7pm.

It is not a good idea to let your dog do much jumping before it is twelve months old, but you can surely do some foundation training - the earlier the better as young dogs just soak up knowledge and usually have no fear (unless you let something happen to scare them). If you are in the area just come along and get some easy things to do and you will be just so far ahead.

Also I am big on attention exercises - once you have your dogs attention everything you want them to learn is much easier.

Noels.

Edited by Mrsdog

• 1 month later...
My club started flyball training mid last year. So far we've got a dalmatian, cattle dog x, Bearded collie, staffy x, a ridgeback x something, and my 2 smooth collies - notice how we have none of those black and white dogs! (no offence intended to any border collie owners :laugh: ).

We are getting really close to being ready for competition and are hoping that that will be mid this year. Our biggest problem at the moment though is not a training one but coming up with a team name that every one agrees on!

Cheers, TA.

hi mate

maybee before you guys pick a team name, you should ask for sponsorship for your team. Its a huge promotional oppurtunity, and sponsorers usually will incresase thier prize if you have there company name as your flyball name. E.G "ROYAL CANIN FLYERS" etc etc