Uh Oh...i Think It's Gonna Scar

Snoozie

No no no no no...Oh dear.

Zed, in his effort to remove his gentle leader headcollar (which he hates) this evening, managed to scrape his nose on the ground somehow and has taken a small circle of skin of the top off his black nose! The small circle is now bright pink!

Will this mend...and the black pigmentation come back or will it now stay pink? I have plans to show this boy and what will happen with this...If it stays pink is there a cover up product to make it black again?

Typical, not one little inperfection (that I could see anyway) and then this happens :rofl:

Looks like I'm going to have to get out the 'ol filtabac to put on every day now too, since it's so pink and raw I don't want to add sunburn on top of it :rofl:

Any advice appreciated.

Edited by Snoozie

Thanks guys!

I've been putting on a little bit of septicide (which in an antiseptic with an insect repellent in it for dogs and horses), but he likes to lick it off. I might try the betadine too as it might have more staying power. Cheeky lil sod he is.

BellasPerson,

I think it must be like Murphy's Law. I'll stay perfect just until Mum decides to show me, then, while she's not looking, I'll scuff myself up! :rofl:

I am absolutley positive you will see me back on here asking about other scars and how to cover em up! :rofl:

Thanks guys!

I might try the betadine too as it might have more staying power. Cheeky lil sod he is.

Hi Snoozie - betadine can slow down healing so I would not use it in this instance. It is used for cat abcesses where u want to slow healing and keep the wound open a bit longer to allow drainage.

Thanks everyone for replying. His nose is looking better already. I left it alone to heal by itself and it seems to be doing fine.

I no longer use the gentle leader on him :confused: I have gone back to the check chain. I didn't see an improvement from using in it...In fact he was worse because he spent the whole time trying to get it off (this is after following instructions and letting him get used to it...I've been using it since Sept last year) and he is much more comfortable just with the check.