Vomitting And Blood In Stools

Mushaka

one of my girls has been doing this lately as well

vets think may be pancretitis(sp)

after the first lot of drugs(anti vomit and anti-flammatory) i was told chicken(cooked) and rice only she was feeling sop much better and really looking for food i ran out of chicken so gave her a bit of dry 7am next morning she vomited on me (she was asleep at me feet) back to the vet got a bad lecture no fat and def no high protein from dry

so now we have been good and only feeding her boiled chicken and rice no more vomiting :laugh:

we are back to the vets friday for a checkup and no lecture this time diet has been stuck to and no further vomiting

dfa

ETA sorry lewis is not feeling well

Edited by dogsforall

DFA those symptoms of an irritable bowel and pancreatitis are often confused. Only way to determine pancreatitis is through blood work.

she has no bowel symptoms and when palpitated she protects anterior abdomen and doesn't protect her bowel

first we thought she had eaten fruit stone of the fruit trees but the was nothing in her bowel and no protecting done from her

all she was doing was vomiting and then endup with a high temp of 39 first incident and a temp of 40.1 second time

due to the poor condition when she arrive 2 weeks ago(2/1/08) the vets wanted to see if diet made a change before heaps was spent on lab work and other tests

she came in at 11.5kgs and should be around 25kgs

but since being here she has gone up to 14 kgs even with vomiting so hopefully now we have that under control with diet it will be all good from now on

dfa

DFA those symptoms of an irritable bowel and pancreatitis are often confused. Only way to determine pancreatitis is through blood work.

she has no bowel symptoms and when palpitated she protects anterior abdomen and doesn't protect her bowel

first we thought she had eaten fruit stone of the fruit trees but the was nothing in her bowel and no protecting done from her

all she was doing was vomiting and then endup with a high temp of 39 first incident and a temp of 40.1 second time

due to the poor condition when she arrive 2 weeks ago(2/1/08) the vets wanted to see if diet made a change before heaps was spent on lab work and other tests

she came in at 11.5kgs and should be around 25kgs

but since being here she has gone up to 14 kgs even with vomiting so hopefully now we have that under control with diet it will be all good from now on

dfa

Oooo that's a bit different DFA. Thought your girl just had gut/bowel issues. Pleased to hear she is putting on weight. With my boy's IBD at his skinniest he was 18kg and was a bag of bones. Now he is 24kg and like a new dog. Good luck with your girl :D

yeah my girls a lot dif

thankfully your boys not like that but i thought if it can stop her vomiting being on that diet thought it might help your boy to make his diet a blander for a few days to see if that helps him like it did her

but slowly she is getting there and since i have fed her what the vets said big improvements and no more vomiting

so from now one after seeing how sick she was if changing their diet to that few a few days helps and stops them vomiting there will always be rice and chicken backed up in my house

hope they both start feeling better

dfa

My Stafford had similar issues, minus the blood, she would have gasto like symptoms every few months. A change over to a BARF diet (yoghurt is great) has stopped it. Also, try some Aloe Vera Juice, its great for lining the stomach. What did the vet suggest you do?

Hi, I am new to this forum. Can you tell me what the BARF diet is? Thanks Libby