Unusual Way To Handle Aggressive Dogs....

Our club started back today and even though there were heavy showers quite a lot of people turned up, particularly new members with new puppies. Great to see so many keen people with their dogs.

Was talking to one of our instructors who helps out at Sydney Dogs Home and she said there is one dog there who is VERY agressive both to other dogs and people and she won't go near him, but she passed on how this particular woman handles this dog and I just have to pass it on.

Firstly I have to describe this lady - she has an enormous bosom - she grabs the dog by both front legs, pulls legs around her which forces dog's face into her bosom and marches him up to the other end and places him in his new enclosure. Dog makes no attempt to bite her (maybe he is trying to get his breath back).

Now kiddies, don't try this at home.

Noels.

Our club started back today and even though there were heavy showers quite a lot of people turned up, particularly new members with new puppies. Great to see so many keen people with their dogs.

Was talking to one of our instructors who helps out at Sydney Dogs Home and she said there is one dog there who is VERY agressive both to other dogs and people and she won't go near him, but she passed on how this particular woman handles this dog and I just have to pass it on.

Firstly I have to describe this lady - she has an enormous bosom - she grabs the dog by both front legs, pulls legs around her which forces dog's face into her bosom and marches him up to the other end and places him in his new enclosure. Dog makes no attempt to bite her (maybe he is trying to get his breath back).

Now kiddies, don't try this at home.

Noels.

As she bends down to this human and dog aggressive canine, where is her head and neck? Has she grabbed it more than once? I bet if the dog has serious problems, it will learn new tricks.

Cool move. Lucky I have the equipment to do that (sort of). Haven't got an aggressive dog though!

I did try something with Bruno who hates having his nails clipped - he will growl and snap: I got in front of him and hugged him from the top, sort of like this lady did. He gave me his foot without any more arguments and let me clip all his toe nails. I did this by accident first, just leant with my head on his and patting his ears, trying to calm him down. It worked!!!

• 2 months later...