Agility Club

Hi Guys!

I am looking for a good agility club around Essendon/Keilor area in Victoria. I have started teaching my 6 month old weave poles and jumping over tiny, tiny jumps that are like 15cm off the ground. I am wanting to find an agility club that starts from Novice all the way up to Advanced.

Thanks!

I train at Northern dog obedience in Moonee Ponds....they have an agility class, but you would need off lead control first.

There would probably be agility equipment at the Keilor club too, but the best place to go for just agility is the Victorian club in Altona. You will need to book in and perhaps go on a waiting list though.

Please do NOT put your 6 month old pup through weave poles, even if they are channelled.

It puts way too much stress on a dog's developing joints.

There is a lot of foundation work you can do between 6 and 12 months that is a lot more valuable than weaving and jumping.

Many agility clubs will not take dogs under 12 months. We take them from 6 months at Agility Dog Club (Altona North) but they do not do any jumping (even with bars on ground, although we do use jump bumps) or weaving until 12 months.