Cea And Cl Testing

Wilderblu

Hi all.... I'm looking for some help. I am a registered breeder of Border Collies. I have just purchased a gorgeous 3 year old BC bitch from another breeder who says he bought her as a pup and was told that she is clear of CL and CEA. He has no records of this and I am wondering without contacting her original breeders is there somewhere I can find out if her parents have been tested and is therefore clear by parentage? Thankyou all I look foward to replies.

Wilderblu,

Depends on whether the parents have been tested, Not all people put up their results on BC Health. Some will post the DNA results on their individual website, but not always either.

Short of doing the DNA testing yourself, the easiest would be to send her original breeder a quick email and ask them. As a breeder, I am sure they would love to know that a dog of their breeding has been rehomed elsewhere to the original home. Call it a courtesy thing..

They may even be able to give you some history and other information about that particular bloodline if you do not know it completely.

You definitely need to contact the bitch's breeder as I find it strange that a puppy would not be sold with proof of her parents DNA status. We always include copies of the parents and if possible grandparents test results in the puppy info pack.

You may find out the information from bordercolliehealth or someone's database but you will still need written proof before you breed from her. If it turns out she hasn't been tested you can have the CL test done by Dr Alan Wilton at the Uni of NSW when you get her TNS test done. I assume that this still needs to be done as you haven't mentioned any TNS results.

If she needs to be CEA tested this can be done through GSS in Melbourne.